Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sponged Gradient - Christmas Tree Colours for AiS Sunday

Woo, only 2 more days to go :)
I cannot believe how quickly this year has vanished!

I'm sharing my Sunday Challenge Mani for Adventures in Stamping FB page...
this weeks challenge is "Colours of my Christmas Tree Decorations"
Here's my mani, with part of my tree decorations

   
I knew straight away what I wanted to do for this one, my first sponged gradient. I started with a pink base coat (Maybelline Pink Shock), then using the same pink, then Colour by TBN Amethyst and Maybelline Wild Violet, I sponged the 3 together at once. I was a little impatient and probably didn't allow it to dry properly before attempting some touch ups. I did go back and add more of the Amethyst polish in the centre as it had blended a little too well with the first application.

I added some gold Glitter to the tips (COLOUR by TBN Gold Rush)
and as my feature nail I stamped over the original pink base with the darkest purple using Cheeky Plate CH4.
I'm thinking I'll be doing a few more sponged gradients in the near future :)





If I'm not around again before Christmas, have a very Merry Day and please stay safe

No comments:

Post a Comment