Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Lust Have It - January 2013 Box Review

No, I am not super late with this review - LHi has only just got my January box out to me!! My 2nd subscription box with them has been a complete headache!
Once I started to see some reviews around blog land and some comments on their FB page I began stalking my Post Office. Finally I looked up my account only to see that I hadn't even been charged for the box which they were now claiming via their FB page was nearly all sold out!! Wait on a Minute!!
I emailed them as soon as I realised what was happening and also left a little comment on their page saying I'd just sent an email. I got a fairly quick response from one LHi worker who informed me that as a subscriber they would have attempted to charge my credit card along with everyone else's
hmm?? Did she just insinuate a problem with my credit card?? ON FACEBOOK!! {insert steaming ears here}
Monday was the public holiday, Tuesday I heard nothing... finally got a response on Wednesday telling me that as they'd already charged my card for the December box upon my subscribing, they couldn't charge my card again for the month - I had already figured that one out! No apologies, just a statement saying that my card has now been charged and my box was sent out...........................

or maybe not!! It's taken almost a week to find it's way too me.... :/


Okay, Customer Service Review RANT over for now :)
Like most people I am pretty happy with the new packaging, as a new subscriber I would have liked to receive a few little makeup bags though as I have limited supply - but these boxes will certainly be handy.




1. Silk Oil of Morocco Moroccan Lip Gloss RRP $19.95
{card} Infused with Certified Organic Argan Oil, this non-sticky, luscious gloss is packed with keep active ingredients to keep the lips soft and conditioned. With their luscious range of colours, your lips will look and feel silky soft. {LHI Website} Moroccan Lip Gloss infused with Certified Organic Argan Oil glides on smoothly and is packed full of ingredients to keep the lips soft and conditioned. This luscious formula is non-sticky and leaves your lips glossy.  Designed to be worn on its own, over lip pencil or lipstick.
This is a full size product and I got the colour 'sunrise'. It's a sheer coral-pink coloured base with gorgeous gold shimmer. My swatch below is in terrible lighting but you can see the sparkle :) {full size}



It is a tiny bit sticky in my opinion. I used it only on it's own and I'm pretty happy with it. Most of my glosses are peachy/nude toned so it's nice to have a coraly-pinky one :)



2. Nude By Nature BB 5-in-1 Miracle Cream 50ml RRP $19.95
Where make-up and minerals collide! BB instantly hydrates, corrects, perfects, protects and gives your skin natural radiance in one lightweight application. BB your best, beautiful self with this natural wonder!
Unfortunatley I got the Dark one {sad face}.. as I have really grown to love my BB cream which I currently use every day. I was really looking forward to testing this one out, but like many I'll be giving it away, despite LHi's efforts to show that anyone can use any tone of this, I'm not convinced. It did blend okay into the back of my hand, so I will give it a go, otherwise my much darker skinned little sister will score this :) {full size}



3. Lust have it! Kabuki Brush Full Size $19.95
One of the hottest make-up tools this season! The professional Kabuki brush helps create beautifully flawless coverage every time. this eco-friendly synthetic brush can be used wet or dry to apply base, bronzer or blush. Feather in small circular movements for best results.
I like it, it's really dense, really soft and I look forward to testing it out to see just what exactly it works best with for me. {full size}

4. Ella Bache Great 50+ Sportsbloc Active. 130ml RRP $44.00
Protect your skin with this powerful SPF50+ four hour water resistant sunscreen ideal for the face and body. Balanced UVA and UVB broad spectrum protection defends against the sun and visible signs of ageing.
Who doesn't love a good sunscreen? And after my efforts over the weekend I will definitely be Slip, Slop Slapping a hell of a lot more! Sunburn = Ouch!
This smells divine, and the cream itself is really smooth, non greasy and sort of soaks in. I like this, not sure about for my face though as the smell is strong. As a body sunscreen, I'm in!
{sample size 20ml}



5. Klorane Shampoo and Conditioner 200/150ml RRP $9.95
Infused with pomegranate and mango butter, this hypoallergenic shampoo and conditioner are formulated for colour-treated hair to regenerate the hair fibre deep down and protect from deterioration.
Let me just start by saying that I hate sachet shampoo and conditioner samples beacuse they always make such a mess and I end up wasting too much :( Think I'll be squeezing these into a tiny jar or something. My hair is not actually colour-treated at the moment, I have some foils that now start about halfway down my head so... am in the market for some new hair care products, so looking forward to giving these a go.



6. Avene Cleanance Skin Range Avaliable from RRP $24.94
Straight from the thermal springs of Avene in France comes this trio of luxurious skincare: gel cleanser, cream exfoliant and anti-shine moisturiser. Purely dedicated to sensitive skin!
I have actually never tried any of their products. These samples all say "for oily, blemish prone skin".. which mine is not. Hoping they won't actually dry my 'normal' skin out... {sample sizes: gel 25ml, cream & lotion 5ml}

I'll let you know how I get on this all these samples in a future post.. thinking a quarterly round-up of samples... I would love to know what you think of any of these products, and if you were lucky enough to get the other variation on this months box - what did you think of the Face of Australia Bronzing Powder?  I was really hoping to get that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment