Friday, February 22, 2013

The Natural Source - Camouflage Colour - Brown Plum

'afternoon peeps,
after receiving this polish as part of my February Lust Have It box this morning {see post here} I couldn't wait to try this polish. That, and my previous sky Mani was in dire need of renewal :P

The Natural Source - Camouflage Colour Nail Lacquers RRP $9.99

"Brown Plum"

From the Lust Have It card:
"Lacquers for the fingers and toes that are as natural and pure as modern technology allows." Derived from sand and horsetail plant, these lacquers provide intense and long-lasting colour to your nails without the use of potentially harmful synthetic colourants. Your nails deserve it!

And from their website http://www.thenaturalsource.com.au/ :

Q: What is so special about Camouflage Colour Nail Lacquers?
A: They do not contain XyleneXylene is a flammable liquid and vapour, usually obtained from petroleum. Long exposure to Xylene may cause delayed lung injury, headache, nausea, skin irritation and dizziness.
They do not contain TolueneToluene is a flammable liquid and vapour. It is harmful if swallowed or inhaled. It causes eye and skin irritation, nausea, headache and dizziness.
They do not contain FormaldehydeFormaldehyde is a strong smelling colourless gas. Exposure to high contents, formaldehyde can cause watery eyes, nausea and coughing.
Not only are these chemicals detrimental to your health, but they also damage nails and cuticle beds. 
Q: Where are the colours in the lacquers derived from?
A: They are from food grade and approved natural dyes and colours. No petrochemicals and entirely toluene free.
Q: If the nail lacquers are lumpy, can I add a thinner to it?
A: No, just shake them well and clean the rim of the bottle with a thinner.


This polish was a bit 'meh' for me to be honest, it was really thin, and needed 4 layers to achieve this coverage. You can easily see my peeling nails through the 4 coats... so not too sure that their final Q&A above will ever come into play! But.. of course I don't mind cause I'm going to stamp over it anyways!! :)

{shadows}
{sunlight}

Stamped plate BM-316 with China Glaze 'Passion'. If you're in need of a gold for stamping - this is the one you're gonna want. I grabbed this and 3 other metallics from a recent Brands Exclusive sale for only $7 a bottle.. bargain! :)

I love this base colour and think that it will be a perfect Autumn toned polish. But am disappointed with the lack of pigment OH! And I forgot to mention the bottle.
These stumpy little handle-less polish bottles might look a big rustic and kinda cool... but the lack of a handle is not something I like and I actually knocked over my bottle and spilt probably a quarter of the product on my table. It just poured out the big opening like a tsunami. Bugger :(

Overall thoughts...
Packaging: Kinda rustic and funky but not all together practical. Liked the brush size though.
Colour: {Brown Plum} I like natural tones with my skin and this one is really nice... pity it took 4 coats to get it.
Price: {$9.99} for that, it'd want to take a lot less than 4 coats to get even coverage for me to purchase. I'll go through this bottle double as fast as another as I need twice as much! Not a good selling point for me....

2 comments:

  1. I like what you did with the boring brown/plum colour by adding the gold lines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto the comment above, turning a dull average colour into something wonderful :o)

    Jac x0x

    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete