Sunday, April 28, 2013

April Lust Have It Box

So Autumn has well and truly hit us here now, my skin is the only evidence one needs :) anyhoo...

I received my April box from Lust Have It last Friday and have only just been inspired to type this. I'm not usually one to complain about dodgy products or overall box worth, but as this was my first box in my new annual subscription, I'm somewhat disappointed.

I've seen so many variations of this month's box - I can honestly say that I think I got the 'booby prize'!!
I forgot to photograph the card, but this is what the box looked like. Another patterned box...


Apologies for the dodgy photos, still feeling very uninspired by this box at the time.

1. Molten Brown Patchouli & Saffron Wash RRP $39, 300ml
Take a trip down Molten Brown lane with their heritage collection body wash. With a blend of heavy patchouli (a favourite from the Seventies), contemporary leather accord and exotic saffron, this little bottle of bliss tells their whole story from London to the world.
Smell = Gorgeous! I am in love with the smell :) The gibber-jabber above doesn't really mean anything to me, but the fact that a little goes a long way on a shower puff does! Plus, the packaging of this little sample? very funky! {sample size 30ml}


2. Gosh Cosmetics Mono Eye Shadow RRP $16 each
Based in Denmark, Gosh Cosmetics offers a vast array of makeup colours to keep up with the latest trends and fashions! Their intense, textured eyeshadows allows you to create long-lasting looks to suit every mood! 
Mine is black.. with a silver shimmer in it. Very versatile and appears very pigmented. I've worn this only at my outer eye and wear seemed really good. Am happy with this one.
{ full size }


3. Goldwell Dualsense Ultra Volume Shampoo RRP $20.95, 300ml
Combining instant microfluid technology & volume systems with multi-minerals to provide volume and care for fine hair, you'll see instant results! Plus, with and enticing aquatic scent or watermelon and bamboo water, it makes sense to treat your hair with Goldwell Dualsenses!
Sort of a normal smelling shampoo, I do like the gel formula and how it lathers. I will gripe that I do prefer to trial shampoos with their complimenting conditioners. When I used this I still needed to condition my hair, and wonder what effect on the Volumising Systems (:P) my regular conditioner had. I can't say that I noticed any increase of volume, and my hair is certainly fine and in need of volumising!
{sample 100ml }

4. Pink Tiger Duri Cosmetics Nail Tools: Nail File & Lint-Free Gauze
Exclusive to Australia through Pink Tiger, these Duri nail tools help to create nails to die for! Use Duri's Lint-Free Gauze to remove old nail polish, then shape your nails with Duri's nail file for a perfect manicure!.
There was no value of these on the card... so I investigated... The Nail File is a Black Nail File (Front 220 grit, back 150 grit) and is worth $1. I don't usually use nail files much, but am happy to give this a go, not sure I'm real impressed with a $1 file being thrown in, but then the Gauze is priced at $13 for 200 sheets. That makes my little zip-lock snack bag a full size sample. I'm pretty sure my cotton balls will do the trick when these are all gone!!
{sample full size}


5. John Plunkett Cleanser RRP $9.95, 100ml
With a non-tear formula, this moisturising & anti-aging cleanser and makeup remover is perfect for all skin types to gently lift away impurities without stripping the skins natural oils. Leaves your skin clean and soft! 
I tried this out the other day, I'm not sure what about this makes it "anti-aging" but my skin did feel nice afterwards. 
{sample size - 40ml}

I just don't know what Lust Have It was doing this month. There's boxes full of full-sized products, one with a value of more than $70 and then there's mine. Like I said, I enjoy testing them all out, and of course the box is worth more than what I actually paid - but every once in a while we all need to have a little whinge. And this was mine :)

Which box did you get and what did you think??
All products were purchased my me unless otherwise stated. All my reviews, opinions, and everything expressed here are my own and based on my experience with a product. I am not affiliated with any of the brands mentioned on my blog nor do I endorse them and they do not endorse me. Your own experience may differ to mine.

1 comment:

  1. I received the same box as you, I wasn't too impressed with what I received compared to other Lusties.

    I just wish they would balance the value of the boxes more fairly. What do I have to do to get some of the Luxe samples others receive.

    I purchased a box for my Mum and when she opened it today I was a liitle envious she received one of the good boxes.

    Jac xox

    ReplyDelete