Wednesday, May 15, 2013

EOTD using MUA Glitter Ball Palette & Review

Hi peeps.. I'm back with my 2nd EOTD post, testing and reviewing yet another MUA product... the Glitter Ball Palette priced £4.00.

I used 4 of the shades in the palette to create this look...



I started by using a combo of both the pinks {2nd top & 1st bottom} on the centre of my eye. This was quite difficult to get the colour to build on my lid. I then added some blue {4th top row} on the outer corner and the green/aqua {5th top} to the inner eye. These were not very pigmented at all... and I found using the sponge applicator that comes with the palette to 'dab' the shadow on to be the best was for building colour.  
What else I used....
  • MUA Eyeshadow Palette - GLITTER BALL
  • Camouflage Colours - Skin Crayons No021
  • Maybelline Define-A-Line in Ebony Black
  • MUA Eyeshadow Pencil in Blonde
  • MAC palette (1st white shade for inner corner and highlights... it's photographed slightly gold??)
 

What MUA say about this:
Don't be afraid by the name of this palette - it merely describes how sparkly the shades are! They're glittery but they're not completely full of glitter so they wont fall down your face or cheeks when wearing. There's an assortment of colours from blues and blacks to purples and pinks. This palette can be worn softly in the day time but also built up for effect in the night. Karla Powell Head of Makeup Artistry recommends using it with the Poptastic palette aswell for a punch of colour! By mixing the two you'll create the best wearable look with a pop of colour too..


What I say about this:

Packaging: Simple. The palette is very lightweight and not bulky at all.   

Price: £4.00 for 12 shades is a pretty good price!

 
Quality/Experience with Product: The colours that I used weren't as pigmented as I'd hoped they'd be. I wanted statement pink, green and blue - and I'm not convinced that I got that...
Once again, MUA prices are incredibly fair, and in most instances you get what you paid for. In this instance, the 4 shadows that I trialled weren't of the highest quality. I do however look forward to trying some of the other colours.. I'm thinking the Black, Gold and Copper shades might work well, not convinced the pale grey/lilac and the purple shades will be very pigmented though. And also I didn't note it down, I did attempt to use the last 'white' shade along the top row for some inner corner highlighting, it stuck to my applicator more than my eye! I also needed to use the sponge applicator to dab the colour on, and I can't tell you staying time as I didn't wear this for long enough - sorry!

Overall thoughts: If you're looking for some exciting new coloured shadows to try out, and you don't know which colours you might like, this is probably an okay palette to try. The price is spot on for what you receive and you get to have a play around without breaking the bank.... as stated above by MUA, perhaps using it with the brights of the Poptastic palette is worth as try? I'll be back with some more of this palette in the near future :)


All products were purchased my me unless otherwise stated. All my reviews, opinions, and everything expressed here are my own and based on my experience with a product. I am not affiliated with any of the brands mentioned on my blog nor do I endorse them and they do not endorse me. Your own experience may differ to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment