Monday, May 13, 2013

Gradient L♥ve

L♥VE GRADIENTS!!

If you've been by my little place in the bloggy world you'll see that I have somewhat of an obsession with sponged gradients. I always receive compliments on my gradient nails and mixing and matching polishes is so much fun!

If you haven't attempted a gradients, I recommend watching THIS video by MissJenFABULOUS. There are sooo many video tutorials out there, just do a search and you'll find a heap!
NOTE: I don't cut my sponge right down to size like Jen does, if you actually use the widest end of the sponge, you can reuse that sponge next time just by snipping the dried polish off the end :)
I also haven't been base coating mine, not with white, not with anything recently but with this mani I used the pale pink as an all over base before sponging.

Base Colour: Sinful Colours {SC} Starfish
Sponging Colours: {top} BC Co. Shade 12; SC Starfish; COLOUR by TBN Amethyst
Plate: BM-315
Stamping Polish: CG Awaken



Just for the record, although I don't list my Top Coat I do in fact use one! Usually it's Revlon Top Speed, sometimes it's a Ceramic polish that I have, and occasionally it's just some random cheap clear polish.

I'm really happy with this mix of colours, and the tiny silver mesh over the top. Sorry about the one and only dodgy photograph. I hadn't actually planned to blog this mani, and then thought maybe I should, so snapped a quick photo in terrible lighting. Yes, there's 'something' on my ring finger nail, I'm not sure what did that....

Thanks for stopping by... I'd love to see any Gradient nails you make, leave me a link in the comments and I'll drop by for a squizz :)

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty, I love the colours, your very clever at this.

    My nails are having a bad week, helping my Mum move and they all broke :o(

    Jac xox

    ReplyDelete