Monday, June 17, 2013

MSMD #1

Hey guys, a first for me this week, I'm joining in with MSMD {monkey see, monkey do}.
When I saw this mani for the first time I knew straight away that I wanted to try it. I'll show you my attempt first and then link the original down below - it's actually a video tutorial by one of my most favourite beauty bloggers, MissJenFabulous.

This is a Tape Mani. Cutting boring old sticky-tape into triangle wedges then randomly applying them to each nail. Jen overlapped 2 pieces on most nails and I liked the look, so that's what I did too :)

Base: SH White On
Sponged: Ulta 3 sunset pink & BC Co. Shade 12
I had planned on sponging a purple also, but the pink and blue created the look all on their own.

I was really happy with this look, even on my short little nubbies.




You can view Jen's video tutorial and her gorgeous nails {here} on her site. She also shares a 2nd tape mani.




Thanks for stopping by, be sure to check out Jen's blog :)

4 comments:

  1. Well done Loz! That looks great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Beautifully done :)..I also chose Missjenfabulous' mani for this week's MSMD :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's great isn't she! I'm hopping over now for a look :)

      Delete
  3. I like these, love the colours too. Might have to give it a try!

    http://missmel7.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete