Thursday, June 13, 2013

MUD Brand Nail Polish Reviews...

For those of you who may not know, MUD {Make Up Design} is a brand of nail polishes available exclusively from Woolworths here in Australia. Sometimes packed in packaging these retail for around $3-4 for 13ml. Each of the polishes I have were only $2 when I purchased them without the extra packaging...




The colours I have {from left to right} are: tease me, nudely now, chocoholic, meet minty, santorini sea, chili pepper.

While my nails recover {aided by some Duri Rejuvacote - review & before/after to come soon} for a another week or so I used a swatch wheel to swatch these. {no base coat} Cremes all topped with SV Top Coat. Chocoholic, no top coat.


tease me ~ a taupe toned nude, pretty good coverage, 2 coats.
nudely now ~ peachy nude, thinner formula, needed 3 coast for even coverage.
chocoholic ~ metallic chocolate, great formula, 2 coats. {I tested this as a stamping polish and will add my test/review here shortly}
meet minty ~ again a thinner polish, needed 3 coats with this one too. great mint colour.
santorini sea ~ lovely cobalt blue toned, 3 coats for opacity.
chili pepper ~ needed 3 coats to get colour match to the bottle, lovely red IRL once full colour achieved.

Staying power on these may not be the greatest - for $2 does anyone really expect longevity?? They dry pretty quickly and there are a heap of colours available. As mentioned above I believed the Chocoholic metallic will work as a stamping polish and I'm pretty sure I have a China Glaze polish that this will be a dupe for....  I have done a little test using Chocoholic as a stamping polish and I will do a post on it soon.
The lid, although as wide as the bottles themselves, is easy to hold and the brush is nice and big. 3 strokes should cover most nails.

Final verdict? For the measly $2 you basically can't go wrong with these polishes. Three coats should see full opacity for most of the colours available, though like with every bargain product sometimes they can be a bit hit and miss... well worth the couple of bucks to try them out though. I'll have to keep my eye out for more metallics as Chocoholic is the only one my local Woolworths has had.

Have you got any MUD polishes in your stack? What are your thoughts?


All products were purchased my me unless otherwise stated. All my reviews, opinions, and everything expressed here are my own and based on my experience with a product. I am not affiliated with any of the brands mentioned on my blog nor do I endorse them and they do not endorse me. Your own experience may differ to mine.

8 comments:

  1. Gawd my nails are such a mess at the moment, they won't grow at all and keep breaking when I get any kind of decent length on them. I am itching to wear some of my new nail polishes. All these shades look great!!

    Might have to try that Duri Rejuvacote I think.

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta be the weather right? Skin and lips always get really dry in winter so perhaps nails do to? I've been using the Rejuvacote for a week now, only time will tell if it fixes them...

      Delete
    2. We're hand feeding cattle and I only just got my nails to a decent length and they all chipped today.............

      Had to file them all back :o(

      Delete
  2. Loz, What does EOTD mean? I'm slang illiterate :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eye Of The Day :) Don't worry it took me a while to work it out, one blogger I follow does OOTN !! What the? Turns out its 'outfit of the night' :) I've seen lots of F{face}OTD posts too..
      was going to comment this over on your blog but my browser sometimes doesn't let me! Have a great wkd

      Delete
  3. I've wondered about these polishes. I know Ulta3 has $2 polishes too but honestly, I don't think they're any good at all. I might go along and pick up 'Meet Minty'. You're right about longevity but opacity is hard to come across in cheaper polishes. Lovely review!

    http://talisbury.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought some for 10c each the other day! By some I mean TEN... lol....
    They work great with my favourite top and base coats!
    See my post here: http://sprinkleorainbow.wordpress.com/2014/05/02/10c-mud-nail-polish/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely review! I bought Santorini Sea the other day (half because how cute is that name?) and I looove the colour! Might have to try Meet Minti now that I've seen how pretty it is.

    http://inanumshell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete