Wednesday, June 19, 2013

MUD Chocoholic a DUPE for ....

EDIT: Check out THIS POST to see MUD Chocholic used for stamping over a white base.

Recently I reviewed my collection of MUD nail polishes {see post here}, the discount brand available exclusively at Woolworths supermarkets. As soon as I saw MUD Chocoholic with it's metallic coppery/chocolately colouring I thought I had something similar....

{MUD Chocoholic & CG Unplugged - No Flash ~ MUD Chocoholic & CG Unplugged - With Flash}

Whilst not an exact replica of CG Unplugged, Chocoholic is soooo similar that I am calling this a Bargain Dupe!


There is a noticeable difference between the two when the flash is used to photograph them. These swatches are 2 coats of both, without base or top coats.


In the shadows or natural light, the polishes are almost identical. Chocoholic definitely has a more chocolate brown tone to it, whilst Unplugged is a shimmery dark copper.

I have found both polishes to perform the same, and did a little paper test to see if Chocoholic will also make a good metallic stamping polish. The paper test certainly indicated that it would. In fact, with the bottom stamped image {skulls with lots of filled background} I actually think the MUD polish performed better...


I'll try and get around to doing an actually nail stamping test with the MUD Chocoholic next week some time.

For anyone who might be interested in how my nails are going after having used Duri Rejuvacote for the last week, the results thus far are looking really well. My review post will have to wait another week {or 2} so that I can truly determine if it is the reason my nails are feeling a lot stronger :)

2 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous shade, I can't wait to read your review on the Rejuvacote, my purchase is pending on your results!! lol.....

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far the Rejuvacote is going pretty well Jac. I'd like to have seen a bit quicker growth rate, but have to say that most nails are looking bit better, been nearly 2 weeks now, and there is still some peeling, so perhaps another few weeks will see a real improvement...

      Delete