Friday, June 7, 2013

Nicole by OPi - Quartz Texture - May Lust Have It Box

HI chickies.. and any blokes that may read here :)

In the May Lust Have It box I received a Nicole by OPi Texture Nail Polish. Mine's a lilac colour called "Quartz Texture" and what that really means is it's a lilac SHATTER/CRACKLE. Not really my type of thing, and to be honest I though the whole Shatter-Train had well and truly left the station.....

Anyhoos, I thought I'd give it a go.

Base: Sinful Colours Startfish
Shatter/Crackle: Nicole by OPI Quartz Texture




I really must apologise for sharing these photos. At the onset of the cooler Autumn weather my hands and cuticles just shrivelled up and all but died! I promise you that they are looking much, much better now, and although my Rejuvacote order vanished in the always-lovely Aus Post system.... a replacement is on its way and my nails should be looking much better also. Finger crossed my nubs will stop peeling and strengthen up a bit.....

So thoughts ~ Not real impressed. Definitely not something I'd wear too often. I have seen on another site that some shatters work well as stamping polishes after they age a little. I'm not sure how long I need to let it age, but hopefully I'll get some use from it then...

What are your thoughts on Shatter/Crackle polishes these days? Did you receive this one or one like it in your LHi box? I'd love to hear from you if you know anything about stamping with these polishes.... have a lovely day :)

3 comments:

  1. The colour combination is gorgeous Loz, I received the same crackle/shatter shade as you. Can't say that I am enamoured by this type of nail polish but it does look good there.

    Jac x0x

    Giveaway on my blog
    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also not a fan of the crackle polishes, they just don't seem to work for me. I like this combination though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I'm being truly honest, I hate crackle polishes! :)

    ReplyDelete