Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Product Graveyard #1

Hey guys, being the beginning of a new month I've been seeing a lot of Monthly Empties.. I don't use enough product each month to even warrant doing it monthly, nor do I remember to keep empties for photographing :) so, I have a Product Graveyard for you  instead. In recent months/weeks the following empties actually made it in front of a camera before getting tossed in the bin.



Woolworths Select ~ Indulging moisturising shower milk with Shea butter. {Approx $3-4} I grabbed this product purely for it's price alone. The Select brand are the cheapest available in my supermarket and quite frankly I don't like wasting money on something that gets washed down the drain! This smelt really nice, the smell wasn't absorbed into my skin and whilst I think the formula was kinder to my skin rather than soap, I didn't notice any major moisturising benefit. Repurchase? Already bought replacement in a different scent.

Clean & Clear ~ essentials self foaming facial wash. {Approx $9} My husband and I both use this daily in the shower, it doesn't dry my skin and if it keeps any blemishes and blackheads to a minimum, that's a bonus. Repurchase? Yes, religiouslyy.

Rose-Hip Vital ~ Rosehip Oil. {< $20} My nigh time go-to, although very unkind to your pillows {this leaves oil all over my pillow} which is probably my fault as I apply it literally right before bed. I was scared at first to apply an oil to my face, but it soaks in an leaves my skin feeling soft and basically awesome. Since using this I have noticed a difference in the fine lines in my forehead and my scowl lines between my brows. Fairly cheap oil, made by an Australian family business. Repurchase? Yes, Chemist Warehouse had it half price, bargain!

Molten Brown ~ Patchouli & Saffron Wash. {rrp $39 300ml} Sample size received in my April Lust Have it box, smells divine! But if you've been reading my post, $40 is like $36 more than I want to spend on shower gel! It foamed up nicely and had a really unique smell. Purchase? No.

Maybelline ~ Great Lash Mascara. The sticker has come off this mascara as it's been in my stash for quite some time. Always a favourite of mine, I've recently been testing out a few other brands. This particular mascara was in the colour black and was NON-waterproof. Maybelline has been bringing out a whole range of mascaras recently at really low prices so I won't be repurchasing this particular one.

Maybelline ~ Define-A-Line Eyeliner. I'll admit I have had this liner for years! And I am now shattered that it's all gone :( It wasn't particularly long-lasting but did have great colour payoff especially on my waterlines. I liked that it had not only the sharpener in the end but also a little smudger. Very handy, I haven't been able to find another one of these. Repurchase? I have bought a similar product by Revlon.

I'll try and remember to keep my future empties.. perhaps there are enough for a monthly post but I wouldn't know cause I chuck 'em out! :)

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing :D i enjoyed reading the post

    xx Michelle

    mich-ette.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete