Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I'm dreaming of Summer

With our days getting colder and colder, the frosts getting more severe, the fog lingering until almost midday and the clothesline being covered in ice.... I'm dreaming of Summer.

Base: Ulta3 Peach Paradise {mini}
Sponged Gradient: with base polish and Ulta3 Flamingo Funk {mini}
Plate: BM-320
Stamped: BYS Black



I began with 2 coats of my lightest colour, the Peach Paradise.. then with a damp cosmetic sponge I stamped both the Peach and Flamingo Funk.

Topped with Seche Vite.. then stamped a Summery Hibiscus image from BM-320.



IRL my stamp actually covers a bit too much of the sponging for liking, so in future I'll stick with smaller images. I had to fill in some bald spots on the stamp using a small nail art brush...

Interesting Fact: In the past I've found my BYS Black to be Green-based, and therefore not suitable for stamping over light {especially white} polish.. but since switching my top coat to Seche Vite... I haven't had the issue. You can see BYS Black stamped over white in this post.
So if you have a green-based black that's no good for stamping over white... try top coating with Seche Vite first and see if it makes a difference...

CHECK OUT YESTERDAYS POST - DURI REJUVACOTE REVIEW WITH BEFORE AND AFTERS... 

AND HAVE YOU ENTERED MY I.C.O.N INDIA GIVEAWAY? ENDS July 26th.... AUS ONLY

5 comments:

  1. Ive been looking into a lip primer and I'm glad this one seems to be working out for you! I'll try anything that'll help my colors POP! meditationuk.blogspot.com/
    http://lovesmsguide.blogspot.com/
    http://stopsmokingus.blogspot.com /

    ReplyDelete
  2. So envious of your beautiful nails. I've been neglecting mine lately...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks trishie :)
      they're only looking okay because of the Rejuvacote I've been using.. have you tried that before? the post beneath this one is actually my review - with before and after pics. Be warned, ruined bare naked nails included lol

      Delete
  3. Wow this is so pretty! I know how you feel though... I can't WAIT for summer this year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I wish I can do my nails like you, you must have really steady hands! ^_^

    ReplyDelete