Monday, July 22, 2013

July 2013 Lust Have It

Good Monday Morning to you all... how was your weekend? Mine... pretty crappy actually as both my sons {twins who turn 5 next week} and my poor little bubba girl who's 16 months old, have been ill. The boys have a typical winter cold with horrible raspy cough.. and our lil' poppet has snot, cough, sore throat and a bloody temperature that doesn't want to cease! She's just miserable :(

One more thing before I show you the July box... thanks to those who commented about my ombre hair :) Lovin' it and have had nothing but sweet praise :) If you've ever wanted to try it... do so!

Now, onto the box. I've seen a couple on some blogs but mine is a little different to those.
This month's theme is VIBRANT BEAUTY




NUDE BY NATURE - Natural Tinted Moisturiser with Sunscreen. 30ml $19.95
If you're on social media.. you already knew we were all receiving this. I love Nude by Nature products and used their BB cream pretty much everyday over the Summer. The formula is exactly what I would expect from a tinted moisturiser and smells a little like their pawpaw ointment? Very happy to use this one.
{full size}

KNOTTIES by CONDITION CULTURE Hair Ties. US$6.25 {2}
I have heard of these before but have never tried them. I get three twists out of the yellow coloured one with my hair in a pony, and only two out of the black/glittery one, and it's too loose with only two twists, and has very little elasticity in it, so that one's pretty much useless to me. I'll have to try it in my daughter's hair.
{full size; 2 hair-ties}


COLORSMASH by CONDITION CULTURE Hair Shadow. US$15
This is just like the chalks you can get yeah? I haven't tried any of them before as I sort of assumed my hair was too dark for them to show up... but NOW, now I have lighter ends so this may just work!! Mine is a rusty colour and I think the name of it is SANGRIA. I'm not sure if this is full size or only sample size, and I'm also unsure of how exactly to "Smash It On"??? If you've used this can you please explain it for me? :)

SCHWARZKOPF Extra Care Volume Powder. 10g $8.99
I recall seeing the television ads for this product. I haven't tried this before/yet, but I'm sure I'll get some use out of this. It says for up to 50 Applications on the box, gotta be happy with that.
{full size}

SWISSE Hand Cream with Vitamin F & Pomegranate. 500ml $29.95
This is a thick lotion, not greasy though it does take a few minutes to really soak into my skin. I'm not a fan of the citrus scent {I loath citrus scents} so I'm hoping it doesn't linger for too long. Hand creams are always a welcome addition to any sample box in my house and I'm always on the hunt for a good one. Not sure I'd purchase the full size based purely on the scent, but I'll have to wait until it's well and truly tested to see if the smell is worth the results. {sample 30ml}


ALEXAMI (Selection)
This is an Organic  2 in 1 Hydration Primer. Moisturiser and Primer in one. There was no price listed on the card for this, so I checked out their website as there is also a 15% voucher included in my box. This product is HERE. The sample I received is available for purchase as a travel size for $9.95. I'm thinking that is is a smaller version of this product is $34.95 for 30ml. I did put a little of this on my face, another product with some sort of citrus scent! I'll let you know what I think of it after testing it fully. {sample travel size 15ml}

HEALTH ESSENTIALS zNano Active Gold Eye Patches anit wrinkle $45, 20 patches
I haven't opened these, they appear simple enough to use. The warning does say "Do not apply to irritated or sensitive skin", and as the entire area around my eyes is quite sensitve, I might leave these until I know I don't have to go in public for a few days in case I have a reaction :P
{sample, 2 patches}



BONUS! HEALTH ESSENTIALS Maqui Berry Active RRP $45 150g Powder.{sample 6g}
I haven't heard of this product at all, but have heard of the one mentioned on the back of the sachet Acai. This one is said to have 3x the antioxidant levels. Add it to an assortment of drinks and soft foods.. Will give this a go.

Overall I'm very happy with this month's box. Face, hair, hand and eye products which will all get used. I'll let you know how I get on with the eye patches and the berry sachet at a later date. What did you get in your LHI box? Want to subscribe? Check out their website here.

7 comments:

  1. Quite a nice box! I've tried some Acai drink at an expo and it was quite nice, i hope this will be equally nice. Hmm I don't think I'd get much use out of the hair chalk. Hair powder?! omg these products are so novel, I must be living under a rock, I've never heard of it before, Initially I thought it was baby powder. I hope it'll work better than hair gel, my gel always leave some dirty looking white residue in my hair at the end of the day. I'm really looking forward to the tinted moisturiser! Nude's been pretty good so far! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your boys get well soon, keep an eye out for croup my friend's little girl ended up in hospital on the weekend.

    I sure like the look of that primer and eye patches. Overall a really good box there Loz.

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My box is nearly identical to yours except I got a hydrating toning mist instead of the 2 in 1 hydrating powder.

    I haven't tried the colorsmash but have watched some tutorials on youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a completely different box which I was pretty disappointed in , it looked completely empty I would have love the volume powder .I received the NBN moisturiser, the Knotties a nail polish a sample spray heat styling lotion , a Swisse sample hand cream , and 2 schets of Franc Essentials moisturiser with the Berry Powder as well .Compared to your box it looks empty :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. So curious about the hair shadow! Do tell if it works or not....

    Join the Little Alchemist giveaway on my blog now: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/07/the-little-alchemist-review-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOOWWW What a great post:) and your blog Is SO cute.

    Check out my new blog post and have a fab week dear:)

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (sweden)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love reading your Lust Have It! posts. You've already taken a look at my Lust Have It blog post (I left your comment a reply) so thanks, really appreciate it! We both received a similar box, I didn't get the eye patches: I wouldn't have minded those, I love things like that.
    I got a hot pink colour hair chalk, I can't wait to try it.
    I saw that Lust Have It posted a 'how to' link for the hair chalk, here it is: http://vimeo.com/49333643

    Mel :)

    A Day In The Life Of Mel: http://missmel7.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/lust-have-it-july-2013.html

    ReplyDelete