Tuesday, August 20, 2013

August Tri Polish Challenge #1

This month's Tri Polish Challenge colours are Red, Yellow & Green... what's most obvious for those colours? Traffic lights! :) But that's not what I did...
{I just want to add that when I started the month I had full intentions of doing all 4 manis - I had thought it was only 2 - for the month.. but I'm not sure I'm going to make it!}

Red: Sally Hansen 'Cherry Red'
Yellow: Colour by TBN {unknown name}
Green: Colour by TBN 'Teal Me On'



I decided on some yummy, juicy apples!! Look at all those yummy Golden Delicious apples, and the smooth and crunchy Red Delicious... FYI my family has an orchard and grows both those varieties YUM!

{Black: BYS Black Satin  White: SH White On}
I started with the BYS Black {worst polish ever for staining dry cuticles!!!} and added white dots and also the area of the apple. When the white was dry I went over the top with the dotting tool using the colours. I used a small dotting tool to 'draw' the tiny leaves. The 'shine' on the big apple was added using the same small dotting tool.

These were really simple and really fun to wear :)
Check out the other Tri Polish challengers....


3 comments:

  1. When I was a kid, I had a red apple over my school apron, like the one on your ring finger. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute - perfect mani for back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little apple is so cute! I nominated you for the Liebster award on my blog,
    Here's the post: http://agirlandherchickennamedbetty.blogspot.com/2013/08/leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete