Sunday, August 4, 2013

Inexpensive NOTD

I have friends.. like most of us do. And some most of said friends care none for nail polish! tsk tsk! I have a few who think money can be better spent! tsk tsk! I have a few that think time can be better spent at the gym! tsk tsk! I'll take pretty BLUE nails over a SKINNY ASS anyday! {okay.. maybe some time is better spent at the gym... :/ }

So.. I thought just how much can a mani cost? This wasn't what I set out to do when I did my nails... but just for fun, I thought I'd work out how much this mani cost me...






Base: MUD Santorini Sea $2
Sponged: COLOUR by TBN Amethyst $2-$3
Plate: MSL-05 {Light in the Box US $8, Amazon US $7}
Stamping Polish - Konad White {varies $6}
Topcoat: Seche Vite {but really any gloss TC will do, and I have some that are $2}

Konad Special Polishes {stamping polish} can be purchased from eBayAU for 5x5ml bottles for $29.99.
Stamper and Scraper can be purchased from eBay HongKong for less than $2.

So really.. I could have achieved this mani for less than $25... BUT I'd get so much more than just this one mani for my money! There's heaps of images on that plate, with sponging, stamping, dotting, taping... just these 3 polishes and the results are endless...! At probably less than daily coffee from the cafe for the week! I don't drink coffee, so lets just say that my money goes to something SO MUCH MORE than just a Cup 'a Joe :)


6 comments:

  1. I can give up everything BUT coffee, I would even forego nail polish. Eek!!! did I just say that? I hope it never comes to that.

    Your nail art is just getting better and better!

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jac! I know I'm a freak.. who doesn't love coffee? Me! :) Lets hope you never have to choose!

      Delete
  2. Love this mani, the little bow is so sweet!
    I have spent so much on nail polish and nail products but I love it and I think it's money well spent :)
    I agree ^^ you're nail art is getting better and better.
    I can't believe I wasn't following you on bloglovin :S (your site is in my favourites bar) but new follower here!

    A Day In The Life Of Mel: http://missmel7.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel, I have some polishes that are 'way too old to admit!' so I think they're definitely money well spent :)

      Delete
  3. That little bow is just the sweetest thing!

    ReplyDelete