Monday, September 9, 2013

Revlon Skinlights

Hi guys, in last months Lust Have it box we were all lucky enough to receive a full size Revlon Photoready Skinlights. I received the darkest shade, 400 Bronze Light.
At the time of posting I mentioned that I thought I already had a skinlights product... so I went searching :)
I do indeed. I can't even tell you how old this product is! I did some research and discovered that the original skinlights were bought out in 2001, and discontinued in 2006/08?? Mine's pretty much still full!

{ skinlights 03 Peach Light / photoready skinlights 400 Bronze Light }
I'm actually really excited about these products again... thank you Lust Have it for renewing my love of all things Illuminating :) The new Photoready Skinlights are available in 3 shades, my Peach Light is not among the new shades, so I'm feeling sorta smug that I have an extra shade! And as you can see below.. nothing has deteriorated with my older one... {and note to Revlon.. the older Pump Packaging is soooo much better!}

{left} Revlon Skinlights 03 Peach Light {right} Revlon Photoready Skinlights 400 Bronze Light
 These are said to...
  • Instantly enhances skin without covering it up
  • Boosts skin's natural luminosity
  • Minimizes flaws
  • Enhances skin with a hint of colour
  • Protects skin from environment
  • Available in 3 versatile shades for a variety of skin tones
  • Translucent photochromatic pigments bend and reflect light so skin looks radiant and flawless in any light
  • Use alone or with foundation
  • Oil Free

{ HEAVY swatch of Revlon Skinlights...}
I struggled to get a decent photo of the swatch, this was taken with flash and although the Bronze Light doesn't appear to have much of a shimmer, there is one IRL.
I tend to be a little 'shiny' on a daily basis, so adding more gleam isn't usually something I tend to do. These can be used alone, added to foundation or BB creams, used to highlight or in the case of Bronze Light, used to deepen your base.
I read somewhere that the 3 new shades can be used as following: The lightest shade is great for an all over glow and for adding to brow bones.. the medium shade can be used over cheeks or on top of blush for a nice shimmer.. and the darkest shade for deepening your base to match your tan!

I'm happy to have a play around with these.. what about you? Do you remember the original Skinlights? How will you be using yours this Summer?

5 comments:

  1. I read a blog today from someone in the UK who was complaining how much she missed the original skinlights and hasn't been able to find a replacement. I wonder if she knows about the new ones.

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's really dark. I still haven't opened mine in pink light yet (I am so slow when it comes to trying out products and finish them!). Depending on how shimmery I want to look, i might just go with the cheekbones... and maybe to highlight the brow bone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I got the pink light which I thought might be a bit too pale for me, but I'm definitely going to be mixing it in with my foundation now and then for a bit of a glow. :P

    I do remember the old skinlights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahaha I actually prefer the older colour! Plus pumps are way cooler. :P
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have both and these are not the same as the originals.

    ReplyDelete