Friday, October 18, 2013

bellabox ~ october 2013

bellabox just landed in my hot little hands for the month. This month they're celebrating their 2nd birthday, so Happy Birthday bellabox! The usual box was missing again this month and according to their Facebook page, they're doing something new next month. Here are my goodies...


This month's product card:


ALFAPARF SEMI DI LINO Reconstruction Shampoo & Reconstruction Mask 
RRP $25, 250ml {shampoo} & RRP $29, 200ml {mask}
I've never heard of this brand before so that's always a plus in my book. These are for Damaged Hair so I might keep these until Summer is in full swing when my hair really starts to pack it in from the sun, heat and chlorine. {shampoo 60ml, mask 50ml samples}

BEYONCE HEAT RRP $39, 100ml
I love getting perfume samples and this is quite nice, and I like that it's not a tiny spray bottle, but rather you can just smear some on from the tiny holes in the end. {sample 2ml}

HAPPY SKINCARE Cloud 9 Deep Cleansing Balm RRP $34.10, 80ml
Again, I've not heard of this. Country Bumpkin much? :) This is 100% naturally sourced with 85% organic ingredients. It's smells just how that reads.. very natural. {sample 20ml} The sample size is actually a quarter of the full size, so I'm pretty happy with that.


VASELINE ULTIMATE 10 RRP $7.68, 225ml
First off, who prices these things? $7.68? Seriously folks, round it off! This is an anti aging lotion, always glad to have some of them in the cupboard. Smells nice. {sample 25ml}

LOREAL PARIS Shine Caresse RRP $23.95
Said to be the best of both a gloss and a lipstick that brings shine and comfort to your pout. Love the glam packaging, and the over-sized doe foot applicator that I'm guessing is supposed to represent the top of a lipstick...? My colour is Princess and is stunning. A really pretty coral colour and sweetly scented. Feels really nourishing on the lips. {size 6ml}



{with flash ~ looks little darker then IRL}

BONUS! MAYBELLINE New York Dream Pure BB Cream RRP $15.95, 30ml
8-in-1 beauty benefits. Not sure a tiny 1ml sachet is what I'd consider a bonus, but I'll be testing it out all the same, so thanks bellabox :)

Okay, so the perfume is really nice, I keep swishing my hands in front of my face to cop a whiff lol.
I'm happy with this months box, the Loreal Shine Caresse itself out-values what I actually paid for the box ~ if it's full sized.. not sure about that.
Unfortunately though I will be un-subbing now from bellabox, I have an annual sub with Lust Have it and will wait until it expires early next year before joining back up. I'm disappointed to be missing out, but think that I can seriously survive on only the single sample pack per month. I won't be renewing my LHI subscription next year as the recent price hike just hasn't been evident in their box value....
thanks for having me bellabox, I'll be back in 2014 x

6 comments:

  1. I haven't received my box this month yet can't say I am too impressed

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lippie looks stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. to be honest, I was expecting a little more from BB for their bday month... I think you got one of the better boxes! The gloss looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh also! I received a few satchels of the maybelline bb from the maybelline website a few weeks ago, tried it out for the last few days and I'm amazed with the result!!! let me know what you think!!

      Delete
  4. That's sad about your sub running out. :( Give the Maybelline a go - I got a full sized tube of it in my Her Fashion Box a couple of months back, and it's brilliant! Really good for a Western BB cream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super Jealous of the lip gloss you got in your box! The colour looks great on you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete