Thursday, October 10, 2013

emerginC vitamin C + ritinol mask & hyper-vitalizer cream

Good morning fellow bloggers, in sticking with my new theme of actually testing and using my product samples rather than just tossing them in the cupboard.. I'm back with another review.

I received these samples in my June 2013 bellabox.. 


emerginC vitamin C + retinol mask RRP $65, 50ml. {sample 3ml}
**An intensive, clay-based mask that gives noticeable results from just one application. Removes dead skin cells, evens out skin tone and leaves skin glowing.
Benefits:
  • Removes dead skin cells
  • Helps even skin tone
  • Brightens complexion
  • Noticeable results from just one application
  • Ideal for all skin types, except very sensitive skin

Use: Apply a thin layer on clean skin. Leave on for 10-20 minutes then rinse off, or remove with warm, wet cotton or cloth. Follow with your favourite emerginC serum or cream. The 3ml sample was plenty for a single use. 


My experience: Simple enough to use. I just smoothed it evenly over my face, avoiding eyes and lips. At first my skin was really very tingly... and for a moment I did actually consider taking it off. But obviously I didn't! 
The mask dried quickly and solidly, and invisible at the end of my 20 minutes. 


I used a warm, wet face-washer to simply wipe the mask away, as soon as I put the cloth near my skin, the steam moistened the mask all over again and made it really simple to see where I needed to wipe away :) The response on the redness on my cheeks is actually evident in the above photo, and my skin did feel a little bit awesome after use. 


emerginC Hyper-Vitalizer Cream RRP $99, 50ml {sample 3ml}
**This rich, nourishing, hydrating cream combines the super-potent “master antioxidant" alpha-lipoic acid, coenzyme Q10 and lutein. Alpha-lipoic acid is an essential lipid and water soluble cellular energizer that can revitalize "spent" vitamins and antioxidants such as vitamins C, E and coenzyme Q10, as well as a potent anti-inflammatory.
Coenzyme Q10 is a powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and cellular energizer that provides the "spark" in all cellular processes. Lutein is a plant-based potent antioxidant and protector against UVB sun damage. Other ingredients include a state-of-the-art nanotope delivery system, vitamin H, hyaluronic acid and more. The cream can be used on all skin types, but is ideal for sensitive skin.
Benefits:
  • Fights free-radical damage
  • Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
  • Hydrates and is a cellular energizer
  • Improves tone and texture
  • Ideal for sensitive skin
Use: Apply on the face and neck, by itself or over any of the emerginC serums. 


Basically I just slathered this on, there was plenty more than one application, so the back of my hands got a good dosing too of this liquid gold :)
It really melted into my skin and felt gorgeous and smooth  No one is going to achieve awesome results from a single application, but if I had a spare $99 I'd consider trying this out for a bit longer. 

Overall these were a pleasant sample... my skin reacted well to both the products. I'm not in the financial position to purchase these products, but perhaps sometime in the future. 
Have you used any emerginC products? Did you get these samples, and what did you think? If you haven't tried them yet - crack open that sample cupboard and get testing! :) 

These products are available discounted online from Facial Co., Skincare Store or full price from bellabox .


** Descriptions from {here}
All products were purchased by me unless otherwise stated. All my reviews, opinions, and everything expressed here are my own and based on my experience with a product. I am not affiliated with any of the brands mentioned on my blog nor do I endorse them and they do not endorse me. Your own experience may differ to mine.I have not purchased from the sites listed above, buyer discretion recommended.  

4 comments:

  1. I've tried one emerginc moisturiser sample and I liked it. My friend got the retinol mask sample, she loved it, I didn't think it would, but it dried out her acne

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so weird, my boyfriend absolutely LOVED these samples! (He used to get the man box and they were included one time!) He then scored mine and used them.. and begged me to contact the company and ask for "samples" so that I could blog about it.. more like for him to use bahaha! I am a bit sad now that I let him use them all! They sound so nice! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am exceptionally upbeat utilizing these items and would highly recommend them. Emerginc veil gives marvelous result from just one application. uproots dead skin cells, levels out skin tone, leaves you with a healthy glowing skin!
    Remi-D.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the same way about the mask and I think it actually really helped my skin! I also quite enjoyed the lotion.

    ReplyDelete