Monday, October 21, 2013

Empties

So back at the end of September, I didn't have a whole lot of empties to write about, since then my little box has overflowed, so rather than try and wait until the end of the month, I figure I'll just do a post now.

Let's start with some {annoying} sachets:


Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion: I loved this. The sachets came from their FB page I think? I really did like this, felt a little like Jen Anisten afterwards :P Purchase: Probably.

Nivea In-Shower Skin Conditioner: Again at least one of the sachets came from their FB page. I love the whole concept of this, once clean, step aside from the shower spray, rub this one and then rinse it off. No need to put any other lotion on after drying. This worked great, really did leave my skin softer. These sachets are both the 'Very Dry Skin' version, I haven't tried the regular one. Purchase: Already have! My eldest {7yo} loves this, she's always been super dry and has scratched at her skin during the night since a very young age, this is definitely making a difference, and my very manly husband {who refuses to use anything much at all} is also using this :)

Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream: This is the single sachet I got from my bellabox just the other day, I have another 5 sachets which came from their FB page to use up, and I'm going to enjoy them! This stuff is great. Much thicker and has more coverage than the one I've been using {scroll down to see it empty}, minimises my redness on my cheeks, has a matte type finish which doesn't leave me shiny at all. Purchase: Yes!

LENDAN Go Expressions: Wrinkle De-creasing cream. I know that I didn't mind using this, but I can't remember if it did anything for me. This came with a recent online order from HAIR2GO, they include some little samples. I've never heard of this brand. Purchase: No.

Natio REWNEW Line & Wrinkle Day Cream SPF 15: Honestly there wasn't enough in the sachet to make a fair judgement. This was a thicker lotion to the one I use daily at the moment, but it didn't feel heavy and soaked in nicely. I like lotions with SPF. Purchase: Maybe...

WOTNOT Facial Wipes: Sample pack of 5. I know a lot of people have these as their go-to, but they weren't for me. Purchase: Depending on price? Maybe.



Rexona Girl Tropical Energy: I didn't really like the scent of this, and as for stopping perspiration? This is not the deodorant for me. I sweat, ever since having my twin sons, so possible hormonal, but this just didn't cut it. Repurchase: No.

Johnson's Baby Lotion: You're probably thinking 'What the?" :) I found these in my youngest daughter's bedroom, and as she had some sensitive skin issues, I figured I might as well use them up. They were really nice as leg lotion :) and I smelt really babyish! No need to repurchase.

Swisspers ALOE Face Cleansing Wipes: I'll admit that it's the price that sees these drop into my shopping basket. I like the dampness of them, the scent, and although I have to rub a bit to remove my water-proof mascara {I'm yet to find a wipe that just removes in one swipe} I just think these do a pretty good job for the price of them. Repurchase: Yes.



GARNIER Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream: At first I liked this, and then I hated it. It left my face almost greasy and really offered no real coverage at all. I think they may have improved on their formula with their newer variations, but this just left me shiny and greasy and I always had to add some matte powder. Repurchase: No.

REVLON Colorstay Overtime Mascara: YUCK! This is horrible! Not sure if it's just the one I got or if it's the formula in general, this is dry! And it left clumps everywhere, I had to comb the lashes out every time I used this. This is still quite full, but with so many better mascaras available, sorry Revlon, you're getting binned! Repurchase: NEVER.

BENEFIT They're Real Mascara: Complete contrast to the one above! I love this formula, the brush is one of those plastic spiky things as opposed to an actual 'brush' and it is very long wearing. Repurchase: Already have.


CLEAR Scalp & Hair Total Nourishing Shampoo and Daily Conditioner: I liked these, and that the samples are a generous size. They're not as 'cheap' as I thought they were, still retailing at around $8 each in my local Woolworths. I did like these though, and their traditional type scent. Purchase: Maybe

JOHN FRIEDA Conditioner: Nothing Special. Wasn't thrilled to have received this in the beginning, it's clearly the 3rd process you do when dying your hair, why just give out conditioner? Purchase: No.

GKMBJ Soothing & Nourishing Shampoo and Soothing Hair & Scalp Honey Moisturising Conditioner: Large enough samples to get 3 washes, and I have long hair and use a heap! Nothing remarkable to note from using these though... Purchase: No.

LOREAL Ever Pure Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner: These sachets were an absolute bastard to open! I gave up the first time, I just couldn't get into it!! I had to use scissors!!! Not a great start. Again, nothing worth noting came from using these. Purchase: No.

GOLDWELL DUELSENSES Rich Repair Cream Shampoo & Anti Breakage Conditioner: I can't even remember what these were like. Oopsy. I know they smelt really nice, but the small sachets make it hard to determine if it's any good or not. Purchase: Probably not.

There you have it, finally I can throw them all out :) Do you think I got it wrong with any of these? Do you recommend me giving any of these another shot?

5 comments:

  1. I am in love with my Maybelline BB Cream, I'm thinking of picking up at f/s after work as a reward lol. Wotnot wipes are great but not my "go-to" either. I bought 2 packets for $6 at the organic expo, which was quite good, but I don't think I'd be paying market price for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit I haven't tried the sachet of BB cream yet but I had already purchased a tube from Priceline and it was runny and offered no coverage, I wonder if I got a bad batch. Will give the sachet a go now.

    I love NATIO, have used it since I was a teenager, you should watch out on the David Jones website they often have GWP for NATIO it's a good way to try out their products.

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore my Wotnot wipes! I love that Maybelline BB cream, but the screw top, or screw bottom, makes it messy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree that sachets are annoying! But im slowly trying to get through using them! Benefit's Theyre Real Mascara is absolutely amazing, my HG and I have 2 backup tubes of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow lots of empties this month! My mum came to my house and cleaned out my bathroom last month, and there went all my saved up empties bahahaha! That baby lotion sounds nice actually haha! xx

    ReplyDelete