Sunday, December 22, 2013

Blue EOTD/EOTN

I haven't had time to do some nail art for the last few days so I've decided to show you one of the eye shadow looks I've created....

Since showing you all the DB Glam Clutch which I recently acquired through the generous act of prize-winning.. I've been dying to have a play with some of those bright colours!!
Click HERE to see my original review and swatches of this...

A reminder of the stunning colours...

Designer Brands - Glam Clutch
For this look I used the top left 'yellow' and the 4th & 5th blues from the left.
The yellow was used in the inner 3rd of my eyes, both above and underneath. I then went in with the lighter blue and added that to the center part of my lids, and under the bottom lashes.
The darker Indigo was used in the outer corner and crease, I didn't have to spend too much time blending these. They easily blended out.


With artificial lighting.. although quite shimmery, the shadows have very little fall-out. It was a nice change not to be covered in micro glitters :)


In natural shadowed light... the colours are less shimmery. I added some of the black shadow {bottom right} with a wet eyeliner brush along the top lash-line.
The top waterline was lined with Revlon Colourstay Liner and lashings of mascara completed the look.  In hindsight I should have lined my bottom waterline also, it's making my eyes look weirdly red!! I was pleasantly surprised at the opaqueness of the shadows, they aren't chalky at all and although I didn't wear this look for too long, I have worn other colours from this palette without primer and they've remained crease free for a long time :)

If you're after some cheap bright eye shadows, I'd recommend this product - you get a freebie clutch included :)
We're heading to our neighbors for 'street drinks' {a neighborhood catch-up for Xmas} shortly, then our local Carols by Candlelight will be on, the eldest will be singing with the school, so she's super excited about that!! Please stay safe...

Do you think you could pull of these colours? It's a little bold for me and more for evening than daytime...


* All products were purchased by me unless otherwise stated. All my reviews, opinions, and everything expressed here are my own and based on my experience with a product. I am not affiliated with any of the brands mentioned on my blog nor do I endorse them and they do not endorse me. Your own experience may differ to mine.

5 comments:

  1. VERY Prettty!!! ^_^
    I don't know if I can pull off blue and gold at the same time, but definitely a gorgeous combination for social events! I'm curious to know what you wore to go with the look.

    I went to Carols in the Domain yesterday, it a lovely night, jam packed with people though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to go to carols one year! Don't have any family to stay with, but maybe one year... I wore a cobalt-ty coloured dress :) the yellow was really just a inner highlight. Def not a look I would do very often at all! But it was fun! xoxo

      Delete
  2. What did you think of the texture of the shadows? They look AMAZING on you! Great colours and just bright enough - very festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the texture is really smooth, and not chalky at all. I use brushes to apply them, and have very little fallout. This is a really great palette to have a play with some colours xo

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous look you've created! I would never be able to come up with something this creative. Perfect blending too :)

    ReplyDelete