Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer, Had a Very Shiny Nose

"and If you ever saw it, you would even say it glows" :)
All time BEST Christmas Carol! The 12 Days of Christmas Nail Art 10th Dec Challenge is... Inspired by a Christmas Carol/Song. 

We've all seen various designs of Rudolf on finger nails... as my nubbins are way too short for anything too fancy, we've got the top half of his face :)



Other nails :) :
Base: PVA GLUE**
Colour: MUD Chocoholic
Glitter: COLOUR by TBN - Fool's Gold

Accent Nail {Rudolf}:
Base: Sinful Colors - Snow Me White
Antlers: Sinful Colors - Matte Nirvana
Face: MUD Chocoholic
Eyes: SH White On & BYS Black Satin
Nose: SH Cherry Red


I used a small nail art brush for the antlers, dotting tools for the eyes and nose. I'm not the most steady person with nail art tools, I think that's why I prefer stamping! I should have dotted white under where I wanted his red nose to be so that it stood out a bit more.. oh well. Live and Learn.

I love the look of the Fool's Gold over the Chocoholic..
If you'd like to see a heap more awesome Christmas Carol/Song nail art designs, hop on over to the Nailed it NZ blog and see the inlinkz at the bottom of the post :)


** PVA GLUE So.. I've decided to jump on the PVA base coat bandwagon. We all know that I do not like Glitter polishes at all. Not even a little shimmer polish. Removal is far too time consuming for my liking. I figure if the Seche Viite Top Coat I use makes my manis chip and PEEL within 24 hours, then there's no harm trying a product that will actually HELP me to peel off my polish.. If you're interested in finding out more about this glitter polish removal click over to a great blog review HERE. I'll let you all know how I get on with it.

12 comments:

  1. love your nails! so cute!

    styleandchocolates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! When scrolling through my blog feed I thought Rudolf it was a nail sticker or stamp. I think you still did a really good job drawing Rudolf on ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I surprised myself Lily! Really shocked that it does look sorta like Rudolf :)

      Delete
  3. That is seriously cute! Made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By far the most comments I've had on my nails so far :) everyone loved them!

      Delete
  4. What a cutie! I LOVE his nose! It's so well done!

    ReplyDelete