Monday, February 3, 2014

January 2014 - Lust Have it!

Good morning lovelies :)
The weekend was fantastic. The Bride looked stunning and the weather was perfect (if not a little too warm, as indicated by my sun-burnt back!) and it all went off without a hitch! What an awesome Bridesmaid I must have been lol! I'm a little short on pics, will take one of my now 4-day-old mani (& maybe pedi... eeew feet...) later. The makeup was changed last minute, which I was disappointed about, I was really looking forward to someone else taking the time to do an awesome 1950's winged liner... but oh well. I don't have a close pic of it either, we were running a little behind schedule!!! :)

Anyways, back on topic. Today my Lust Have it box arrived - although it could have been there Friday - though I doubt it, we weren't here to check. If there was anything about a beauty sub which disappoints me, it's getting a month box in the wrong month!! Let's work on getting these boxes out a little earlier please Lust Have it! :)


This month sees 3 full size products, 1 deluxe and 2 smaller samples. Here's the product card.


Onto the first. INVISIBLE ZINC Tinted Daywear SPF30+ RRP $$14.95, 20ml
This is in the shade medium which I am very happy about. I think I have tried a sample of this a while ago...? And from memory I found this to be far too greasy..? I can't remember! I haven't opened this yet, but I am happy to see if it's better than I remembered. {full size}

PAULA'S CHOICE Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel RRP $45.80, 118ml
I have enjoyed every Paula's Choice product we have received in the past. Am happy to give this one a go, but may leave it until the season changes. It's said to help fade signs of sun damage, but at the same time it may increase your skin's sensitivity to sunburn, and it's super hot and Summery at the moment, so don't want to risk it. {deluxe 30ml sample}

SIMPLE SKINCARE Kind To Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes RRP $6.95, 25 wipes
I don't think I've tried these ones. I like their slogan on the packaging."Smile, It's Simple" :)
{sample 7 wipes}

MODEL CO Shine Ultra Lip Gloss RRP $18, 4ml
I have this lipgloss.. the shade I received is Striptease, which I purchased some time ago in a three pack, for less than the recommend retail price of this single one. This is a nude gloss, quite pretty, but I do find their glosses to be a little sticky. And I much prefer their darker shades. This will be passed onto someone who doesn't already have it :) {full size}

AVEDA Dry Remedy Daily Moisturising Oil RRP $25, 40ml
This is the tiny sample, and I'm doubtful there will be enough for me to really try this. Said to "instantly increase hair's moisture by 41% without leaving behind any greasy residue" this is something I would really have liked to try a little bit more of!
{sample 3ml}

EVODIA Lemon Sorbet Hand Cream RRP$17.95, 100ml
Mmmm, we all know I'm not a fan of lemon scents, but this smells really nice. Really fast absorbing and non-greasy. I think this one will be a winner with all subs :) {full size}

There are also 2 vouchers and a sneak peak of a product in next month's (*February's*) box!!

I only saw the one review before my box arrived and it contained the same goodies.. what was in your box? Are you happy with it? I'm very pleased with this month's assortment, apart from the gloss which I already own (and don't particularly love) I'm happy to give everything a go!

5 comments:

  1. I haven't received mine yet :( I am not a fan of Aveda but the hair oil sounds interesting, like you I don't think the sample will be enough to convince me to go out and purchase it. I like the sound of the hand cream I am into lemon scents lately, last year it was orange maybe it's hormonal? Glad the wedding went well.

    Jac xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always changing up my favourite scents, though lemon has long been one that I am not a fan of :) Looking forward to your box review when it arrives x

      Delete
  2. Exactly the same box! Sorry you're burnt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, your's was the only review I'd seen :) My sunburn didn't actually last very long so it's been okay x

      Delete
  3. I like everything in this box except for the modelco gloss.. I found their glosses a bit sticky as well but i think i have a general dislike for modelco. All their products I've tried so far are below average.

    ReplyDelete