Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Book Lovers TAG

I saw that Candice did this a while ago over at YouReview, and being a lover of books, I thought I'd join in.



1. Do you remember how you developed a love for reading?
Growing up my Mum always had her nose in a book - Mills and Boon ^^ :) She still reads constantly, but has a much better selection!

2. Where do you usually read?
At home, just lazing on the lounge or getting some sun on the swing chair. I do like my iPad for when I'm away from home.

3. Do you prefer to read one book at a time or several at once?
One book.

4. What is your favourite genre?
My recent spate of books have all been Young Adult; Sci-Fi/Fantasy, which I have been loving! But overall, I'm a sucker for a good Romance, NOT Mills and Boon though!!!

5. Is there a genre you will not read?
Mills and Boon! Hahah They're a genre all of their own right? lol
Seriously.. I'm not a fan of the really Sci-Fi types, and although not a genre, I don't like books set in (for lack of better words) "the olden days" lol. I mean, really olden days. I hate Shakespearen language, and anything we were made to read in school, with the exception of 'Ellie'.

6. Do you have a favourite book?
The Girl in Times Sqaure by Paullina Simons has always been a favourite - it's been forever since I read it, but I really liked it. That and two Nora Roberts novels I really recommend, Chasing Fire & The Search.. great reads.

7. What is your least favourite book?
Bryce Courtney's Jessica. WORST book ever! WORST plot ever! I'm a lover of the underdog, and I hate when the bitches succeed, and this was prime example of it!



8. What is the longest book you have ever read?
No idea... I've read a few series including the Tomorrow When the War Began (7 novels?) when I was a teen, The Mortal Instruments - waiting for book 6; The Divergent novels (3)... love when a story pulls me in!

9. What is the last book you bought?
The Divergent series by Veronica Roth (digital)

10. Do you prefer reading Library books, or buying books?
My Mum has a massive Library, so I 'borrow' from her, or I purchase from iBooks.

11. What are you currently reading?
Nothing... Allegiant left me reeling :(

12. (Candice's own question) What is currently on your "To Read" list?
The Mortal Instruments book 6..


And anything my mother purchases :) She's a fan of  James Patterson, the Kellermans, Australian novels ie: Rachel Treasure, Sue Grafton, ; well, she'll read anything. So, so do I!
What do you like to read??

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading through this :) I used to read on a daily basis, but since uni I haven't really been able to read a novel properly. I still have a stack of books on my shelf that needs to be read. My personal favourite is Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and probably Brave New World. I have a few more classics lined up for leisure reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got through stints of reading constantly.. to not reading a page for weeks :) I'll have to check out the two that you mentioned xox

      Delete