Saturday, April 19, 2014

MODELS PREFER Infinite Colour Eye Pencil Swatches

I've always been a waterline eyeliner girl, I love it both dark or freshly nude. In recent times I've liked playing around with a bit of colour and the Models Prefer Infinite Colour Eye Pencils have helped make the experience both enjoyable and inexpensive.

Available from Priceline stores, these beauty's retail for $8.99. I have all 12 shades which I am going to share with you today.

Black Cat, Midnight Gaze, Purple Rein, Brown Suede, Choc Frost, Bronze Ambition, Gold Star, Silver Lining, Blue Lagoon, Lime Tart, Teal Maybe, Nude Appeal. 

They're a traditional kohl pencil which needs to be sharpened...
For a while I stuck with the 'safe' neutrals, Brown Suede and Choc Frost being my favourites. I am so pleased that I finally decided to open them all... the colours are amazing! These are super smooth and creamy. They glide over the skin without tugging, easily attach themselves to my waterline and stay put for a very long time. I have found it a little difficult to get a tight line with these, they're just too smooth!

{Models Prefer Infinite Colour Eye Pencils - Natural Light}
Left to Right: Black Cat, Midnight Gaze, Purple Rein, Brown Suede, Choc Frost, Bronze Ambition, Gold Star, Silver Lining, Blue Lagoon, Lime Tart, Teal Maybe, Nude Appeal. 


Close up of the first three which all appear fairly similar in the top swatch.
Black Cat - black base with sporadic silver shimmers.
Midnight Gaze - black base with a gold shimmer - more saturated than the silver shimmers in Black Cat.
Purple Rein - black base with purple shimmers - again more heavily saturated with the micro shimmer. The shimmer is not chunky at all but rather very, very fine.

Wear time is pretty good for the price you pay, I do like to let them really dry and set before touching them, and let me tell, you; I had to scrub like mad to get the swatches off my arm and there was still some very evident staining...

Have you tried these liners before? Any Models Prefer products you recommend?

9 comments:

  1. Ooo they look amazing!! the colour pay off is probably as good as the urban decay 24/7 liners!! I'm not too familiar with model's prefer, but I need to check them out now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the first Models Prefer that I've tried, will be having a closer look at what else they have next time I'm in store.

      Delete
  2. Se ven todos muy bonito, me encanta el verde y los azules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green and blue are gorgeous!

      Delete
  3. I love the colours! Sounds like another good budget find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love budget buys!! :) Bronze Ambition and Gold Star are quickly becoming my favorites!

      Delete
  4. These look so nice :) love the gold shades!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I haven't tried these, the golds and browns look so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete