Sunday, May 4, 2014

GARNIER Perfect Blur Review

There's nothing like the promise of visibly blurring wrinkles, imperfections, pores and shine to get me to pick up a product.



Developed with new technology and enriched with optical light reflectors Garnier Perfect Blur 5sec Smoothing Base Perfector Optical Effect promises just that. For skin which immediately looks younger and to instantly hide the signs of aging. The light reflectors scatter light in all directions, and should be applied after your usual day cream.
Can be worn under makeup or as a natural finish.


Just look at that 'Proven Effectiveness' list at the bottom of the box! So what do I think?

First up I thought wow! It looks so similar to the L'Oreal Base Magique primer which I love! The same pale pink mousse like texture... {yes, I said pale pink, it photographed white! Too overcast today.}

{LEFT - Garnier Perfect Blur. RIGHT L'Oreal Base Magique Primer}
Claimed "it's ultra-smoothing texture leaves skin incredibly soft and velvety with a matte finish". Soft and velvety I can certainly atone too. First impressions, you'll be blown away at how awesome you skin feels. Does it blur?

{LEFT - Garnier Perfect Blur. RIGHT L'Oreal Base Magique Primer - both swatches rubbed into skin above}
Yes... and no.... On the back of my hand, you can see a reduction of wrinkles. A few minutes later and I promise it looks 'almost' the same as it did beforehand.
On my face, I don't notice any difference at all. Nothing like they show in their television advert, and the thing I experience the least (and wanted most!) was a matte finish. On my face, the finish is anything but!
My skin feels velvety soft, incredibly smooth to touch, but almost looks... not greasy - not sweaty, but NOT matte.
I find it's useless under makeup due to this reason, my makeup just slides right off. And it broke me out :( I'm thinking due to the weird smoothy-greasy finish.. For this reason I don't plan to continue using this. Shame really.. all those promises...

Have you tried this yet? Did you have better results than me?

6 comments:

  1. My skin felt smooth... but it broke me out too.. and my lines + pores didn't go anywhere! Definitely not worth buying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know it wasn't just me Lily! All those promises... such a shame.

      Delete
  2. Boo! What a shame! I was looking at it in Priceline the other day with a friend - glad she didn't go ahead with her purchase! Wonder how this holds up compared to Nanoblur?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the Nanoblur past using a sample on the back of my hand, from memory the texture if it was different on the skin. Your friend is lucky she didn't waste money :)

      Delete
  3. Aw what a shame it didn't work! I was considering getting this but I'm kinda glad I didn't now! xx

    ReplyDelete