Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Polished London* Nail Lacquers

We all know I have a love affair with nail polish - you need not look any further than the title of my blog; and although my little netball-friendly nubbins aren't an appealing canvas for nail art at the moment, I have been rocking some awesome solid colours.

Polished London* is a new brand to me and has been happily welcomed into my stash :)


All swatches are 2 coats - no base or top coat - unless otherwise stated.

Portobello -
A gorgeous periwinkle. An opaque creme - possible single coater for those rushed days :) Quite hard to get a true to colour photograph of this one, this is pretty close though.


Fierce -
Orange-based Red or dark Coral, this is a gorgeous shade and unlike anything I already own - stunning colour. My new favourite red.


Milky Mocha - 
Mmm, looks good enough to eat! A delightful milky chocolate creme finish. I just wanna eat it :)


Piccadilly - 
Warm toned pastel yellow creme. Very opaque, recommend two coats. My photos show both extremes, the first in bright light and the 2nd in shadow. In truth, it's somewhere in the middle, but I had a tough time photographing this one too.


Miss Navy - 
Somewhat misleading, both the name and the appearance in the bottle. So dark in the bottle that you cannot see the black printing on the outside. Miss Navy is a delightful surprise, rather than the expected navy, I got a gorgeous dark purple jelly with electric blue shimmers. Being thinner it will need the extra coat or 2 to reach full opacity, it looked more 'navy' after the 3rd coat. The final look is very night-sky.


These are all very glossy, easily applied and have a typical polish odor that I did not find offensive. Available from Terry White Chemists, Discount Drugstores and some other pharmacies, they retail for $7.99 for 10ml and are 3 Free. Do you have a favourite from the ones I've shown today? Any recommendations for colours I should seek out next?




* Product received free of charge for consideration. 

4 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the Portobello on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I crushing on all these colours :)

      Delete
  2. I don't normally like Blue but Miss Navy is gorgeous, love these swatches Loz xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jac. I love that Miss Navy is a dark purple jelly, so unexpected and pretty! :)

      Delete