Saturday, June 14, 2014

Glameyes Femme Fatale Kim Lashes -


It's Ladies Day today.. an annual netball club fundraiser. Really just an excuse to take over the Club Rooms and make all the blokes want to stay outside while we drink a little too much, laugh a little too loud and have a whole lotta fun!

This year we've themed it 'A Touch of Sparkle'. One part of my sparkle are these Glameyes Femme Fatale Kim Lashes which you may have also received in the Priceline Beauty bag.


I am still relatively new to false lashes, and find some brands/styles a lot easier to use than others. I did find these a little difficult as the usual thin strip where the lashes adhere to and what you usually stick onto your own lash-line, is a little thicker due to the rhinestones and needs to sit up more on the lid.  And that's why these photos are from a practice run I did beforehand! I have to play netball around 12pm, finish around 1pm, then go home and get ready and be back by 2pm. Talk about putting the pressure on! lol



I did trim 3 (I think) rhinestones off each lash strip to make them fit my eyes better, although I think I could remove another 1-2... After much trial and error, I finally got them in a position which was relatively comfortable (compared to other lashes, these aren't as comfy!). I also gave up with the included adhesive, although I love the concept behind the little bottle and applicator the glue itself just wasn't making the lashes stick! The lid is also a bit difficult to get off without spilling some on yourself. I used the Ardell glue which I already had from this kit.



The results are pretty cool, I would prefer the lashes to be a bit thicker with a bit more Ooh La La. I think if you're going to wear rhinestones on your eyelids, the lashes should be thick and luscious.


Here's what I used to complete the eye look.. I'll take another picture of me wearing these again today.. and include it down below. I hope you all have a lovely weekend... xox


4 comments:

  1. It's really pretty on you! I don't think I got those in mine - I should go dig what I got out of my makeup drawer and give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get some? They were really quite fun for the day/night :)

      Delete
  2. Oh very glam indeed loz! love the rhinestones. I'm surprised that it was comfortable! I'm not the best with false lashes, I always feel like it's gonna stab my eyes lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regular strip lashes are SO much easier to apply! these really were quite tricky ;P I was glad to remove them when the day was done, but they weren't too bad at all

      Delete