Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Morning Skincare Routine - Winter


Hey readers, I thought I'd share my current morning skincare routine for this winter. Coming from someone who never even used to tone (!) my skincare routine has dramatically changed in the past year. Yes.. I use 6 products, but trust me, it's not really that time consuming.

I should have included the facial wash which I use in the shower every morning.. oh well, next time. :)

After cleansing in the shower, I pat dry my face and then spray 1-2 sprays of the Dermalogica Antioxidant Hydramist (see review here), and allow that to dry. It soaks in/dries really quickly.
I follow the mist toner with the Princess Skincare Anti Aging Vitalizing Serum*. This serum is awesome! I love how my skin feels and again this soaks in really quickly. For the promotion of younger looking skin and the reduction in common skin again signs, I find my pores appear to have reduced in size as have fine lines and wrinkles. I then use the Princess Skincare Daily Youth Moisturizing Gel*, this gel is new to me and although you do need to follow it up with another lotion, I really like the way my skin has been looking so I am committed to using it up. I don't think it's a necessary step for me, and I probably won't be repurchasing, but if moisturising gels are your thing, I recommend. Supposed to replenish the skin and offer long-lasting hydration, I find my skin feeling a little stiff after use and can't wait to follow it up with my usual moisturiser, however I've found that with the combination of the serum and the gel, my skin hasn't looked this good for a very long time!
I then go in without waiting for the gel to soak in, with the Puretopia Eye Rescue Massaging Roller* (see review here), although this can feel a little too cool in the recent cold mornings, I love the results I'm getting :)
The Puretopia Plump & Pert Lip Cream* has also made it's way into my morning routine, I just squeeze a small amount out then use my finger to smooth it around. (see review here)
My routine is finished off with what is my all-time favourite facial moisturiser. The Olay Complete UV Potection Moisture Lotion with SPF15 has been my go-to for years! I just can't seem to let go. The light formula makes it perfect for my face, non greasy and quickly absorbed. I have been wanting to try something a little more anti-aging but I figure with all the other products, I'm sure I'm already getting extra benefits :)

So there you have it, what I'm doing after my shower each and every day :) Do you have set products you like to use or do you like to switch them up?
Items marked with * provided for consideration 
Dermalogica Hydramist - available David Jones & Gloskinbody for $56.50
Princess Skincare - available Insight Aesthetics (Serum) $89.10 & (Gel) $71.50
Puretopia - Priceline (Lip Cream) $14.99 & (Eye Roller) $19.99
Olay - available Woolworths approx $15



8 comments:

  1. Hi Loz,
    Love your beauty blog!! Will have to visit you more often xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey mate! Hope you're all well... xox

      Delete
  2. I love mixing things up a little, but I'm an overachiever when it comes to finishing products, so I often stick it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm putting myself on a cross between a beauty diet and a project pan... there's so much stuff I need to use!

      Delete
  3. I used to use the Olay Complete UV Potection Moisture Lotion years ago and I remember it being really good!!! Looks like my skincare routine is pretty similar to yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't seem to step away from the Olay, it's such a light lotion and leaves my skin really hydrated. :)

      Delete
  4. The princess skincare range look so cute!! I have set products, i'd only change it around during the winter/summer transition, otherwise... like Leah, i'd stick it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how cute are the little bottles!! All their packaging is pretty classy. My skin is loving this combo at the moment so I'll be using these up, then switching to some newbies, I'll stick with my favourites though x

      Delete