Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Puretopia Pert & Plump Lip Cream*

A couple of weeks ago I posted a Press Release for this product, I was eagerly awaiting the chance to try it out! From Puretopia the Pert & Plump Line Filling & Smoothing Lip Cream* offers us the chance to have fuller, plumper lips.
Retailing for $14.99 you can pick one up from Priceline in Australia.
I've you've not heard of Purtopia before, their products are created, designed and manufactured in Australia; making skincare and hair care using natural ingredients, no nasty chemicals and no animal testing. See the Puretopia website for more information and products.


The Pert & Plump Lip Cream* is formulated with active ingredients to plump and fill lines in the lip area over time. Contains Shea butter and vitamin E to moisturise, improve collagen and improve skin elasticity. I've tried various lip plumping products over the years, but nothing like this one.

Directions are to apply a generous amount to the entire lip area morning and night. There may be some tingling... used daily lips should feel smoother, firmer, more hydrated and look full and plump. Yes please!!


I first thought the typical angled-plastic ended tube would make make application simple and mess free, but in reality it is a little messy. I tend to shake the tube before use to ensure the product is on the bottom ready to come out, saving me from having the squeeze the tube and end up with too much!


The cream itself is a white lotion, nothing like a typical lip balm or gloss. I end up having to use my finger to help distribute the product evenly on my lips.
I've realised that in the beginning for the first week of use, I wasn't applying this generously enough. I had a tiny amount of tingling on the very first application, then not again. My lips looked and felt a whole lot more nourished, and the fullness of my upper lip had obviously improved, the shallow lines on my lips clearly filled and were also far less obvious.


Please excuse the blotchy bare skin and pimples!!! 

So I started over, this time applying a very GENEROUS amount. Ensuring my lips are well covered with the lotion, like any body lotion it takes some time to soak in. It doesn't have much of a taste and no scent. I use this before bed and of a morning. I spray my toner, whack this on, and by the time I've moisturised the rest of me, applied deodorants and whatever, it's pretty well soaked in. My lips look and feel matte after application, after waiting a few minutes for the lotion to soak in, you can apply your makeup as usual.
It's really easy to incorporate this into my routine, and the results are looking promising :)


* Product received free of charge for consideration.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like an interesting product. does it have any flavour? I have a bad habit of licking my lips after I apply lip products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think because you have to put it on generously, there's no way you'll be licking them until it's soaked in. I did get a little taste, and it's not very nice, but once soaked in, I haven't noticed any taste :)

      Delete
  2. It really does look promising! I almost picked this up today, and now I'm thinking I'm going to have to make a return trip to Priceline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently became aware of your blog as well as wished to declare which i get genuinely appreciated examining your blog threads. In whatever way I'm going to be signing up in your feed as well as I hope an individual write-up once again soon. A wonderful presentation. Incredibly wide open as well as helpful. You have beautifully shown your believed with this writing.Lip Plumper

    ReplyDelete