Friday, July 4, 2014

2014 June Lust Have it!

Three days into July's not too bad right?



Yay! It arrived {yesterday}.. once again it's a little anti-climatic for me though. MUST.NOT.READ.REVIEWS.BEFORE.MY.BOX.ARRIVES!! haha


Actually got a product card this month too, so that part was exciting. There's a discount code on the opposite side for a 24 Piece Brush Set.. RRP $120. Sorry LHi, you're not fooling me. I don't buy for a second that they're worth that, after my last experience with LHi brushes, they can keep 'em! And for anyone who's interested enough to head back and read my review, numerous brushes have since come apart from the handle, and that drives me insane!!

Back to the products this month.


Teeeze Trendy Cosmetics - Head Over Heels Nail Lacquer RRP $18, 7ml
Apparently we could chose again this last month between polish and an eyeliner (which I've seen people complaining about) and obviously I didn't, but I'm thrilled to have received the polish! Mine's a dark navy called Atomic Dragonfly. I'll need 2-3 coats (will do review and swatches soon). Love the wide brush! So easy to paint neatly! Had some trouble photographing it because it'a incredibly foggy here today so I'll include more pics in my review. {full size}


John Plunkett Glyco Peel RRP $29.95, 15ml
Really excited to give this one a go. It's the main thing I was excited about when I saw other reviews, so very happy to see it included. {full size}

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo RRP $27.95, 40ml
Meh. We've had a few bits from this brand, but I for one am guilty of ticking the survey box asking if I'd be interested in trying other products from them so... it'll get used. And the tiny 3ml tube is really cute :) {sample 3ml}

ORLY Nail File RRP $1.65 & Toe Separators RRP $4.95 set.
These are literally GWP. It's written on them. FREE when you purchase 2 ORLY mini polishes. Would much prefer a mini polish! I don't use toe separators unless painting my 8yo's nails, the mini files are cute and will come in handy... {full size} :)

NUXE 
Creme Nirvanesque RRP $49.99, 50ml
This one's for first expression lines.. for men and women under 40.
Creme Nirvanesque Eye Contour RRP $44.99, 15ml
Again smooths away first wrinkles and reduces dark circles. Sounds right up my alley!
{2ml sachet samples}

We once again got everything in a clear zippered bag. My zipper on this one works way better than the first bag I received. Wish they'd switch the bags up though, like Ipsy does in the US. Why can't I live there!!!
And there's a voucher for HelloFresh - waste. I don't live anywhere near where you can use this.. if you want it let me know otherwise I'll be keeping the card to use for scraping off my nail stamping plates :)

So there you have it... what are your thoughts on this months box? I guess it's not bad on reflection, happy with the polish, the Glyco Peel, and the Nuxe samples... :)

6 comments:

  1. A very interesting read!
    Love your profile pics - you look gorgeous xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nail polish is very pretty. I second your idea about the pretty little pouches like the ipsy bags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first attempt at the polish wasn't very promising... chip free for 3 days? Pfft! Not a chance. Yes, let's petition to get Ipsy bags :)

      Delete
  3. I don't know if I'm quite as enthusiastic about the eyeliner now that I've read some not so great reviews about it! Guess I'll just have to find out for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw some negative reviews before my box even arrived - hopefully you received a freak awesome one that works like a dream ;) Not sure the polish is going to live up to expectations either...

      Delete