Thursday, July 3, 2014

Face Favourites - At The Moment

Lately I've been switching up my products a lot. I thought I'd share with you what I've been using At The Moment, starting with my base.


The Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer was my go-to last winter, but over the summer I preferred a much more matte finish to avoid looking like a sweat-ball and pushed it aside. It's now well and truly back at the top of cabinet and gives me a smooth, even base and performs perfectly with the Natio Cleverstick Foundation (review) which I've found to be slightly greasy. The Cleverstick gives incredible coverage, and matches my skintone perfectly. Although I initially found it on the greasier side, I don't have any issues when teaming these two together.
If I'm staying in and want a lighter cover, I'll switch to the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream - the original one. I've been using the Dream Pure BB for quite some time and love it - but thanks to beauty sample subscription boxes I have a couple of tubes of the Dream Fresh to try, and my winter-skin has been loving the formula. The BB cream is much lighter on my skin but evens out my redness and provides me with fresh looking skin. 
My under-eye darkness has lessened recently with the continual use of Puretopia's Eye Rescue Massaging Roller (review here) but I still like a little bit of cover, without adding the bulkiness which can sometimes come from concealers, I've been reaching for my neglected Australis Colour Corrector Gold. Such a versatile little tube of golden goodness. The light-reflecting gold particles are ideal for under eye darkness, and can also be used to add highlight under the brow and along the cheekbones. When I'm strapped for time or just wanting a quick everyday face, this tube is gold! Pun intended haha
I always like to finish with some powder, and for now the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Silky Beige is my favourite - and I've forgotten to include it in my photo! Ooops! We all know what it looks like don't we? 

So there you have it, my favourite face products at the moment. Just enough evenness with the BB cream or a little more cover from the Natio.. what are you using at the moment?

6 comments:

  1. I need that Puretopia Eye Massage Roller thingo haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I am loving it and have already purchased another!! Best thing so far is the dark circles under my eyes have definitely lightened! Yay :)

      Delete
  2. I purchased the Rimmel Stay Matte powder after hearing so many good things a few months ago, but have yet to use it! Absolutely shocking!

    I'm using the Lancome Miracle Air De Teint at the moment. It's pretty good for a lightweight foundation. I'll be doing a review on my blog shortly. I've also been using Chanel Vitalumiere when I've needed a break from the Lancome foundation. I've got nothing but love for Chanel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried Chanel! One day... :)

      Delete
  3. I recently purchased the eye roller thing from Puretopia after reading your review - here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it! My dark circles have definitely lightened and my skin looks so much tighter and younger! Fingers crossed x

      Delete