Saturday, October 25, 2014

Julep Halloween Nail Art Contest 2014

I was recently contacted by a Julep representative to let me know all about their Halloween Nail Art Contest and to ask if I wanted to share a spooky, Halloween-inspired nail design with you. How could I resist? 
I was also sent an exclusive Halloween Nail Art tutorial of they'd like me to reveal to you :O



Rather than attempt terrible free-handed nails, I made my own little full moon decals on an A4 plastic binder pocket, you can see that I've marked out squares on the paper inside so that have a rough idea how big my nails are. I then simply paint my design directly onto the plastic, allow it to dry, then peel it off and apply to wet polish on my nails. I've had mixed success with my decals, these came off the plastic easily and smoothed on well. I should have trimmed them a little narrower though as the ring finger kept flicking up on one side and lifted after a day.
I used Polished London Miss Navy, a mix of Boe Beauty Orange Citrus and FoA Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy for my moon, the fence is Colour By TBN Liquid Gold, and the kitty is BYS Black Matte. I also added some smaller dots to appear as stars.... hmm... or maybe firefly's? haha
Here they are just prior to peeling off.. 


Here's the Julep  Pick of the Litter tutorial. 

I love, love this finished look in this tutorial! 
You can see I kept my kitty cat a lot less complicated than the one above, I would love to see your Halloween or the-above-tutorial inspired nails :) Check out all the nail polish colours from Julep - wish I could join their monthly box, how awesome!! I hope you like my interpretation and I look forward to seeing yours 
xox

6 comments:

  1. Omg this is so cool! 'Cat-titude' - I love it! haha. I want to attempt this but I feel like I'll fail miserably because I suck at nail art (I'm so impatient!)

    Angela | The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both Angela! I want to try again sticking more to Julep's tutorial, I'd love to see what you come up with :)

      Delete
  2. This is so cute! Ahh halloween is just around the corner, I'm thinking of doing a movie night... with munchies. I like your version of the kitty better than Julep's - their look like a mountain goat from a far lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks Lily. Oh movie night would be awesome! The kids have a Halloween disco to go to, so I won't be doing much... let me know what movies you watch!!

      Delete
  3. How cute! I'll have to work up to that, but I don't think I'd ever be able to do anything similar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have faith in you Leah :) I'd love to see you interpretation! xx

      Delete