Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Marie Claire - The Parcel

Hi guys, today I want to share with you the newest beauty subscription box for us Aussies. (Mine arrived on Monday btw) Marie Claire has put together The Parcel. A luxury box containing deluxe samples delivered quarterly to your door.
I feel like I'm getting 'over' my monthly subscription boxes, the products can really be hit and miss and my sample pile is growing quickly! And one certain box company really need to lift their game!! I bet you know who I'm talking about!! 
I figured for a beauty box from a company such as Marie Claire, the samples really would be of a deluxe standard, new or innovative products and just really on trend. 
Each box will set you back $25 (including postage) or if you sign up for a yearly subscription (4 boxes), you'll save yourself $10 - like I did :) There's also a third option to add an annual sub to the Marie Claire magazine.


So this is the Spring Edit. 
Unfortunately if you didn't sign up already, you've missed out on this one, but jump on over to the site to ensure you get the Summer Edit arriving early December. 


If you follow Marie Claire on either INSTAGRAM or FACEBOOK you would have seen a number of teasers, so the contents were not a surprise. Part of me likes the surprise aspect of beauty subs, and part of me doesn't... perhaps next month I'll avoid their pages to keep it a surprise. 

Included this month - The Spring Edit - were 6 products to the value of over $100. Lets take a look.


Gwen Stafani by OPI Nail Lacquer - full size
I got Desperately Seeking Sequins, love it! Multi-sized silver glitters in a clear base. Will get lots of use!

Benefit They're Real Mascara - deluxe sample
We already know I love this stuff, and already own a few of these little guys plus the full-sized version. If I was a generous person I might pass this one onto a friend or sister.. but I love it too much :) 

Benefit Push-up Liner - deluxe sample
I've seen and heard so many mixed reviews about this, I'm super happy to be able to test it out properly before lashing out and buying the full size. I love the little squishy sample, will hopefully be able to share some thoughts on this one in another post. 

Revlon ColourStay Moisture Stain - full size
Barcelona Nights, a dark pink, but as a stain not too pigmented and scary for me :) Looking forward to trying this.

Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector - deluxe sample
Correcting wrinkles, pores and skin texture in six weeks? Yes please!

L'Oreal Paris Elnett Statin Hairspray - Purse-Size
I've had this before, great size for your beach bag!


Wow, what I can I really say? Hands down BEST beauty sub box I've had in a very long time! Did you sign up and receive this box? Will you be getting the next one? Honestly I'm excited by these boxes! Would love to hear your thoughts down below...
xox

5 comments:

  1. Love The Parcel! Just wish I had gotten a less scary moisture stain! Hopefully the Summer Edit doesn't sell out by next week, as I need to wait till pay day comes around.

    Abigail // Shrinking Wallet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a scary moisture stain as well. And a nail polish that I don't like either so I didn't do too well lol.

      Delete
    2. Oh too bad about the stains, are they any good used with a very light hand? Perhaps a nude over the top? I'm really looking forward to the Summer Edit, by far the most exciting sub box I've seen in a while. Bummer about the polish too... x

      Delete
  2. I'm curious to know whether the they had put the pushup liner sample in a little plastic sample baggie or there's an actual mini pencil like plastic tube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sample is quite weird to be honest! The liner was in a little packet inside the cardboard outing, the liner itself is in a squeeze tube with the same shape end as the full size - I don't have a full size to compare but I imagine it to be a bit easier than trying to squeeze and apply at the same time! Still nice to sample the formula though x

      Delete