Monday, January 19, 2015

December Empties

Gosh, I can't tell you how glad I am to be able to throw all these empty containers in the bin, they were taking up far too much room in my cupboard :) although, my rubbish bins have been overflowing since our Christmas festivities and they wouldn't have fitted any sooner anyway.



 I'm just going to quickly go through some of these... firstly, the Biore Steam Activated Cleanser, you're not mistaken, it's still nearly full but alas, my skin and this cleanser do not agree. I started using this a few months ago and stopped because my skin went all bumpy and weird. Thought I'd try it again... No. Moving onto my holy grail cleaner instead, the Clearasil Daily Clear, I haven't been able to pick up a replacement for this yet... it's vanished from the shelves here, hopefully not forever!  A couple of packs of facial wipes, both pretty good, I did prefer the Fuss Free Naturals over the Simple Skincare ones. The Manicare Nail Polish Remover Wipes were pretty good in truth, better than I'd expected them to be. As most of my polish flakes off all on it's own, I liked the ease of having these with me and removing just any left over bits. I've since found a similar product from the Reject Shop, a two-pack of Profusion wipes for $2, sorry Manicare, they work just as well so I'll be sticking with the cheapy ones from now on. Oral B toothpaste sample, I wasn't thrilled with it at all, and it wasn't minty enough for me either.. NUXE oil sample, wow! This brand has the most delicious smelling products. I only used this on my body, I have other oils for my face and hair, so it didn't last very long, but it worked great and the scent... OMG! I love it! 


Urban Skincare Co. Repair+ Body Balm.. I received the sample in a beauty sub and went on to purchase a 'pack' from them which included a larger size. A really good, nourishing lotion which again, smells divine! The So...? Body Lotion didn't last me very long, I was slathering this on very generously, these types of lotions in fragrance packs generally aren't the greatest in my opinion, but it certainly helped me smell pretty :) and to stop me smelling yucky.. last month I used a typical combo for me, a spray deodorant, this being the Dove Invisible Dry. Anti-white marks, very true. And my typical Rexona Clinical Protection, you can't go wrong with these. Also tossing out a near-empty Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lip Balm which I found when switching to my new handbag which the kiddies bought me for Christmas :)


Cloth face mask season is upon us again, they're so refreshing and cooling on these warm Summer days, I did like the Fuss Free Naturals one but... check out my full review here. Basic and boring Cotton Tips, these are the ones from KMart, absolute bargain though some a are little skimpy on cotton so I'd recommend looking at them before you use them :) Said goodbye to my favourite celebrity perfume from the last year and a half... Lady Gaga FAME.. oh you will be missed. Somehow managed to photograph the Rexona again lol..  Maybelline BB Cream sample, a little light for me at this time of year, but I'm still a fan. The other sample, I can't read it or remember the brand (I'll look it up another time) is a product containing Bee Venon... meh, I wasn't thrilled enough to buy some.


FINALLY used up the KMS Free Shape spray that I have been using for yonks - it's truly taken forever for this baby to empty. Love using this before straightening my hair. Also finally empty is the Loreal Elvive Total Repair Hair Mask, this is a big-ass container of hair mask. It's a great product, very nourishing and can be left on the hair from as little as 2-3 minutes. Also for my hair, Polished London's Brunette Dry Shampoo, unfortunately this brand of dry shampoo falls a little flat for me, I'm currently using another of theirs, and to be honest I'm looking forward to it being empty so that I can get a different one! 

So there you have it. Apologies for the delayed post, and lack of them. School holidays have been frantically quiet :) we've been enjoying lots of lazy days at home, spending time with visiting family and catching up with a heap of friends. The kids have swimming lessons daily for a couple of weeks and we're already counting down to school going back. I haven't had much interest in blogging, and wait for it... have not purchased a 'non-essential' type beauty product ALL YEAR! Yep, at least 19 days beauty buy free lol
I've been spending a whole lot of time reading, and have whipped through many books, (I'm a speed reader) I may do a few reviews... one day... :) take care bloggers
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment