Sunday, January 4, 2015

Water Marble Success?

Hi guys, towards the end of last year (god! that happened so quick right?) I shared a photo of one of my Christmas manicures on my IG. I'm not sure what prompted it, but I thought I'd try and do some water-marbling again. The yummy chocolately polish colours may have inspired me actually.. they look like a fondue heaven :) I stared with a base of Essence Crazy Fancy Love on all but my ring finger nail, it was MUD Chocoholic. I also used the Chocoholic to stamp the super cute pirate snowman from the Konad m57 plate, he has got to be one of my favourite Christmas stamps to use!


Using only the two polishes above I added my drops to the cup of water and watched with amazement when it actually all spread out and I was sort of able to create a pattern. I'm glad I had the same base colour as I had a little trouble getting my polish to adhere to the sides of the cup... but I was still able to get enough of a patter for each of my nails. 
I actually did my pointer and center nails in one go on each hand and make separate lots for my thumb nails. Even my masking tape which I applied around each nail had a gorgeous pattern - I think a couple were actually better than the ones I ended up with on my nails, but better luck next time.


Have you attempted (and failed.. or not!) to do a water marble manicure? I would love to hear your stories or any advise. I have always had trouble with the polish being sort of, too wet when I removed my fingers from the water, but it wasn't like that this time. I can't wait to try it all again :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment