Thursday, September 3, 2015

August Empties and Product Graveyard

It's Spring! Yay! Dig out the flats, put the woolly scarves away and pull out those pretty lightweight ones.. cause Spring is finally here {though the weather we've had over the last 24 hours had me questioning...} but today the clouds have blown over, the sun is shining and the tiny buds on my Manchurian Pears are starting to open. Let's take a look at the empties from last month, and a bundle of {for lack of a better word} crap that I'm finally tossing out. 


The {Not-so-}Usual Suspects:


Swisspers & Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Wipes - the Neutrogena are my pick of the two these days so I'll be sticking with them. Repurchase the Neutrogena only. 

Appelles Shampoo & Conditioner, Rosemary, Ylang Ylang and Lavender {samples} - these smelled divine. Though I didn't like the shampoo much. Since breaking my wrist my hair has been getting washed 2-3 times a week, and I just didn't think it cleaned my hair enough. Wouldn't purchase. 

Urban Skincare Co. Daily Body Cleaner {travel size} - another product that smells divine!! Love this. Repurchase - yes!

Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion {sample} - this is a really good lotion. Repurchase - yes.



Neutrogena Hydro Boost Cloth Mask - {review} I've had trouble finding where to purchase these in-store, you'll see in my review that they weren't my favourite. Repurchase - maybe. 

Formula 10.0.06 Deep Down Detox Mud Mask - you can purchase these neat little two-pack sachets of the Formula 10.0.06 masks to allow you to try before you commit to buying the big tube. I loved this one. I'll review it next time when I use the other half. Repurchase - yes! 

Dove Clinical Protection Deodorant - Love it! Enough said :)

Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara - I won this ages ago. Waterproof, it has two wands, one on each end. One larger one for the top lashes and a little one for the bottom. IMO unnecessary. I wasn't overly thrilled with the staying power of this waterproof mascara either. Repurchase - No.

Rimmel Scandal Eyes Rockin' Curves Mascara - I liked this one, until it dried up, pretty quickly. The 'rockin' curve' brush is way too big. I much prefer other mascaras this brand has to offer. Repurchase - No. {Though I do already have another in the cupboard from a gwp}

The Veet sachet is an after waxing wipe. I like the formula, but the wipe itself is rough. I don't think you can buy these on their own - not sure why... I think I had 5 wipes in a pack of 20 wax strips, and if you're only waxing your lip/chin etc, something small, you don't need a whole lot of strips, so that leaves you short on the wipes.. pity. 

If you follow me on instagram, you may recall this photo.


That was my daily makeup section. But not anymore! I've happily culled some of that mess and today, in my Product Graveyard, I'm saying goodbye to:


Transformulas Lip Volume & EyeLifting Gel. {review
Model Co Lipgloss x 2 - do I really need to elaborate? 
Mode - red lipstick purchased few years ago for my daughter's dance concert. 
Sweetgloss (?) lip product - from a beauty sub. Hate the sickly sweet smell and the sticky formula. 

Revlon CC Cream - such a shame, I was liking this until it separated and refused to mix again... 
Natio Cleverstick - almost all gone. Bit oily now, have replaced it with the new Maybelling FitMe range.
Arbonne foundation - too dark! I hate Arbonne parties, they always managed to con me into purchasing, well, not anymore! 
Covergirl 3in1 - could never use this. It sinks into my pores. 
LaMav Organic BB Cream - another beauty sub - it's dark. It's a 'dark' BB cream, and it really is dark - too dark.
I also tossed out - without even opening - the makeup and concealer I received from Lust Have it in {this} box. What a balls-up load of crap they fed us about those!! 

I still have a heap of products I should toss out - but bear with me, we can't rush these things :) 
Is it time you had a clean-out? 
xox

4 comments:

  1. I'm scared to look at my empties basket! I think it's overflowing! I was annoying at the wipe to wax strip ratio so I bought a bottle of wax removing oil which lasts much longer.

    xo Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat, I'll have to have a look for some oil :) x

      Delete
  2. I'm throwing out a few unfinished products this month too... still got my la mav bb, hoping that I'd get darker this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at your amazing culling! Well done!

    ReplyDelete