Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Bye Bye 2015 - December Empties

Hey beauties, hope you're all enjoying these last few days of 2015.
I love the weather warmimg back up again, our town is flooded with tourists, the river beaches packed, the bakery sold out of bread long before lunch time and car parks are few and very far between (as we just found out!). 

The Christmas day rubbish is mostly gone now, the recycle bin overflowing already, it'll be weeks before I manage to squash it all in. 
Figured why not add to the rubbish pile by tossing out my accumulated empties. 


I'll begin with a couple of fragrances, it's always a little sad to see an empty perfume bottle. 
David Beckham Intimately Women. I actually exchanged some Flybuys points for this one, so basically a freebie. Not my favourite scent, but it is long-wearing and I find suited better in the cooler months. Reasonably priced this is usually heavily discounted further. 

Marc Jacobs DOT. What's not to love about this sweet smelling gem!? Actually, I'm not a fan of the over the top lid... there's no room on my shelf for that! My Mum bought me this for my birthday not quite a year ago, so yeah, I like this one. 

Michael Kors 24K Brilliant Gold sample. I actually didn't like this one much. It was a little overpowering. 


Moving onto the more usual suspects. 
Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes. I didn't mind these, but have since found another version that I much prefer so won't be repurchasing. 
Rexona Clinical Protection, I currently prefer the Summer Strength version. Will always repurchase and have backups ready to go! 
Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free stick foundation, matte version. Love this! So quick and easy to apply, love that I don't have to use my fingers at all. I prefer to use a brush to blend it in. Wears well over a primer and I've managed to find the perfect match for my summer skin. This is my 2nd, so I've already purchased and have no doubt I'll do it again. 
QV Skin Lotion. Recommended by doctors everywhere for anyone with skin issues, I prefer a thicker lotion. 
Jergens Ultra Healing. Now this is a nice thick lotion. Non greasy, quickly absorbed, nicely scented. I like this one. 
SK-II Sheet Mask - see my review


Schwarzkopf Marrakesh Oil & Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner. Featuring regularly in my Empties posts, I love the scent of these and how nourishing they are. I like to switch my hair wash products up, currently using something different,  but these will definitely be back. 

Lee Stafford Dry Shampoo. I'm pretty sure this said 'for straight hair' or something along those lines. It's your standard white, shoots out a hundred miles a second, dry shampoo. Smells really fresh, takes minimal time and effort to work into hair, doesn't leave any white strands or residue. I will cetainly nab another of these when I need to replenish my stash, currently I have 3 different dry shampoos on the go! Yeah, I'm weird! :) 

There's something liberating about tossing out empty beauty products. I look forward to discovering and enjoying many new and familiar products in 2016. 
And I may have already replaced the fragrances, thanks to Priceline's current specials, I've nabbed a couple of celebrity purchases online that I'll share with you once they arrive. 
This will likely be my final 2015 post, please take care over the coming days, enjoy your NYE. I look forward to blogging with you all next year. 
xox 

3 comments:

  1. you are the second person in a roll to give maybelline fit me foundation stick a good review, i will definitely be checking it out after I finish off my shiseido ones. Have an amazing NYE and looking forward to more of your posts in 2016 :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dry shampoo really rocks! It's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to 'borrow' the neighbour's bin to stash the remnants of Christmas leftovers lol. Hope you have a lovely new years!

    xo Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete